Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Bad Luck GIF by Travis

• 1Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Bank runs continue? Reckoning still hasn't been felt from the commercial real estate collapse

• 1Beagling
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Interesting factoid that may only interest me. AAPL working on its 6th straight red candle today and it will take the plunge protection team to turn that candle green by closing. Its only had one other 6-day losing streak this year and nothing longer. Price is currently about 1.9% above its 200-DMA which for AAPL is a great support line. Earnings are tomorrow. This is a great setup for the continued direction of the market. If they crush earnings its got a lot of room to run upwards and carry the market with it. A miss however, this close to the 200 will be really interesting to watch play out and see if it breaches.

1706721536373.png

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Interesting factoid that may only interest me. AAPL working on its 6th straight red candle today and it will take the plunge protection team to turn that candle green by closing. Its only had one other 6-day losing streak this year and nothing longer. Price is currently about 1.9% above its 200-DMA which for AAPL is a great support line. Earnings are tomorrow. This is a great setup for the continued direction of the market. If they crush earnings its got a lot of room to run upwards and carry the market with it. A miss however, this close to the 200 will be really interesting to watch play out and see if it breaches.

View attachment 512139

When do they report?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bank runs continue? Reckoning still hasn't been felt from the commercial real estate collapse

I mean, that's not surprising. Cutting dividends is a massive cut to your earnings as an owner. If you're not going to be paid out for the risk of owning it, of course the price is going to collapse.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mean, that's not surprising. Cutting dividends is a massive cut to your earnings as an owner. If you're not going to be paid out for the risk of owning it, of course the price is going to collapse.
There is an old adage about dividends getting above a certain percent not being all that good of a long term investment. Anything above 4% should be looked at closely if it isnt T/VZ/CVX/XOM type of companies.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
It’s gonna be interesting, it’s been pressure on ultra cap tech all day but they are also among the best capable of weathering a higher for longer scenario. Banks and smallest companies need the cuts sooner far more so as much as high rates are good for no one I wonder if we continue to see a lift in the mag 7.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
These morons are still basing their decisions on the labor market where the numbers are complete bullshit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
These morons are still basing their decisions on the labor market where the numbers are complete bullshit.

You've got to be more cynical than that. Both the numbers and public justifications are massaged together in service of the monetary policy they find necessary. 100% they've got access to and look at the "real" labor numbers we all complain about.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Expecting a pretty bad jobs report on Friday. Further, I think odds of a soft landing went down a lot today.

• 1Launch Fail