Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>

What happened
Shares of Cloudflare (NYSE:NET) have popped today, up by 11% as of 12:50 p.m. EDT, after the company received some positive comments from Wall Street. Needham analyst Alex Henderson boosted his price target on the stock from $32 to $38 while reiterating a buy rating.

So what
Henderson believes that Cloudflare will enjoy strong demand for its products and services as more companies continue shifting to the cloud. It will also benefit from ongoing adoption of 5G edge computing, in Henderson's view. The analyst also points to Cloudflare's continued focus on innovation, such as recently introducing a new feature that could allow its services to process traffic 40% faster than before.
You made a good call.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Not gonna lie, the more I read about option trading the less sense it makes. Complete fucking gibberish. Seems everyone losing their shirt on the market are messing with that shit.

I'll stick to stock.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Not gonna lie, the more I read about option trading the less sense it makes. Complete fucking gibberish. Seems everyone losing their shirt on the market are messing with that shit.

I'll stick to stock.
I made some decent returns in April with it. It's a fucking rush - your investment can go down 80% or up 200% in a blink of the eye. It's honestly pretty addicting, very similar to gambling. I made myself stop though because it was hard to be productive at work when I was spamming F5 on my brokerage account all day.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'll stick to stock.

Trading call options has potential unlimited losses. People really shouldn't fuck around with options unless they really know WTF they are doing.

Jumping into options trading during these highly volatile markets can make or break the bank. Probably not the best time to tread into the waters to learn to swim.

• 1Like

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I made some decent returns in April with it. It's a fucking rush - your investment can go down 80% or up 200% in a blink of the eye. It's honestly pretty addicting, very similar to gambling. I made myself stop though because it was hard to be productive at work when I was spamming F5 on my brokerage account all day.
This was me, made money mostly on luck and being stubborn about things turning around quickly so I bought calls on airlines, amc, and spy. Pretty sure I am still an idiot so back to stocks mainly for me.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
dumped the Cloudflare stock, growth started stalling and ebbing

Been looking at StarTek for the past 2 days: StarTek, Inc. (NYSE:SRT) Just Reported, And Analysts Assigned A US$7.17 Price Target

1592503493485.png

They are at $5 right now, their 52 week high was $8.5, now starting to trend back up a

I looked up to see what they do and from their website:
"Startek is a customer engagement business process outsourcing company. We deliver deeper relationships through better customer insights and interactions for our clients."

jerk-off-motion.gif

Thinking about picking a couple hundred shares, try to ride it to $6-7 and then dump it.

thoughts? anyone familiar with them?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Been watching Shopify too

I work in e-com so im pretty familiar with them, they are pretty much the main option for online stores as far as e-com platforms go. Probably will keep growing as
1. alternative to amazon
2. more B&Ms move online because of Covid

Going to park my cash in SHOP while i research opportunities over next few days

1592504117206.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This was me, made money mostly on luck and being stubborn about things turning around quickly so I bought calls on airlines, amc, and spy. Pretty sure I am still an idiot so back to stocks mainly for me.

Options is gambling. If you are a responsible gambler it can be a fine way to place some of your retirement portfolio, but you need a strong foundation first. I dabble in options a bit, but I've never put more than a few percent of my money in them, and I'm quick to move money out when I win, and slow to replace the money when I lose. Generally it's 'funner' than the stock market because of the risk/reward, and I find it helps me stay more engaged with the market.

If you are not a responsible gambler, stay the fuck away.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I'm not going to get into a back and forth. Ill just throw my opinion out there. Options aren't gambling. Options are math. Options have a lot of different uses. Blazin Blazin has discussed most of them at some point. If they are used like a roulette wheel them you are gambling.

You dont need to use borrowed money or margin to trade options. I have a journeyman understanding of the instruments and I never trade on borrowed money.

As with all things, due diligence and education are tools that make you better when it comes to the stock market. Use the correct tool for the desired outcome and it increases your chance of achieving the desired result.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm not going to get into a back and forth. Ill just throw my opinion out there. Options aren't gambling.

It's informed gambling. There's a reason some people aren't allowed to do sports betting in vegas. With enough research and information you can turn the table in your favor, but running into options headlong and assuming you meet those criteria is probably a poor decision. I won't poop on options cause I've made some nice money with them time to time, but it's only right to inform people that there are substantial risks that make it a poor choice for the foundation of your retirement.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
One last note for today. I posted recently about using stops etc to protect yourself from volatility. When bad news hits it can come at light speed. I had a stop order in on BIIB when the bad news struck. Even though I am traveling this week I caught the news on Twitter before it was official from a news organization and was able to cancel my stop loss order and sell my position in the premarket. Had I not been able to sell my shares manually, the stop order would have kicked in and trimmed some of the loss.

For those of you trading in ultra-volatile stocks I cant stress enough using the tools like stops to protect your gains. This ends my public service announcement.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users