Investing General Discussion

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I had a shower thought about this after I watched Jensen's talk at GTC. Energy's gotta come from somewhere to power all this shit.

Might make sense to look at Helion, Zap, and some fusion companies as well. Dave Ruzic seems to think that some of them are close (granted, he's always been an optimist.)
If you didn’t see Blazin’s post on Tesla a few pages back would recommend reading it. His thoughts may compliment your research well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dig into SNOW since y’all were taking about it. Story sounds good and we used them a ton at my last corporate job, saw the stock was down and was like heyyy this might be interesting.

Long story short I wouldn’t touch this until they get their stock based comp under control. It’s almost 50% of revenue and that dilution is just brutal, even if they are growing fast they have to stay above that to get anywhere. I’m a Buffett fan and that’s one of the things he always says to look out for and avoid. Your mileage may vary, value investing isn’t always for everyone

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Dig into SNOW since y’all were taking about it. Story sounds good and we used them a ton at my last corporate job, saw the stock was down and was like heyyy this might be interesting.

Long story short I wouldn’t touch this until they get their stock based comp under control. It’s almost 50% of revenue and that dilution is just brutal, even if they are growing fast they have to stay above that to get anywhere. I’m a Buffett fan and that’s one of the things he always says to look out for and avoid. Your mileage may vary, value investing isn’t always for everyone
Blazin Blazin plz weigh in. About to dump this turd at a $200 loss

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

Wait you’re referring to their stock compensation as part of their TC for employees? If so the crazy stock comps are like this for all these companies

• 1Tiresome

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

Attachments

• IMG_7409.png
    IMG_7409.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 4Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin plz weigh in. About to dump this turd at a $200 loss
It has been an issue in the first few years, share issuance has gone down dramatically. This is extremely common for companies in that stage of their growth, not that I like it but it's one of the ways to burn less early on. I would never tolerate any net issuance in a mature company, I want to see share count in decline. I think SNOW will be flatish share count for awhile and then join the buyback club at some point though I wouldn't expect anything substantive on that front for quite awhile.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 195311.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
He already told you his plan. This wasn’t a three week bet for him.
If he is that impatient wasn't going to make it anyway, better to cut it and be done.

Nothing against folbro but he is clearly in the overly excited stage of something new. We all go through the stages some make it most don't. There won't be a stockpals in the near future let alone 10 yrs from now. The ones who fly too close to the sun are still good for the thread so we can all share in the learning process.

• 5Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
To be clear, my comments were based on the financial statements, where I see $775MM in revenue and $306MM in stock based compensation for 4Q23.

They buy shares to offset and keep the share count under control which helps, and makes it more transparent on the cash flow statement. I just feel like that still a pretty crazy high percent of revenue to be spending on SBC.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
If he is that impatient wasn't going to make it anyway, better to cut it and be done.

Nothing against folbro but he is clearly in the overly excited stage of something new. We all go through the stages some make it most don't. There won't be a stockpals in the near future let alone 10 yrs from now. The ones who fly too close to the sun are still good for the thread so we can all share in the learning process.
I’m in the overly excited stage for sure but I’m gonna hold SNOW long to prove you wrong on my level of commitment. Also stock pals will be around a long time. CC Araysar Araysar

• 1Picard

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Been watching IJS breakout formations and it looks like we're getting close to "something". Also up 2% on the day:

1711554159702.png

• 2To the Moon!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
"Bridge collapse gives media opportunity to provide additional cover for price-gouging."

• 1To the Moon!