Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

And of course on a double miss the stock does what?

1713902837222.png

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
All of the fake and gay has already been honked into the stock market for quite awhile now. It no longer makes any logical sense, it's an emotion machine.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA +13% after hours on a double miss.
C'mon y'all, man up and admit which of you were short TSLA going into earnings today.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sucking ass was priced in and they didn't suck quite as much ass as expected?

idk nothing makes sense, proceed with conspiracy theories instead.
Common opinion is stock jumped when he announced the "low" priced small sedan was going to hit later in 24 and 25.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only way they manage to make a cheaper tesla is a smaller battery. Which means less mileage. The interior is already the cheapest plastic China can shit out.

I got absolutely mangled today being in sqqq. I held my position with a hope tesla would miss. Realized a big fucking loss after hours. Such is life. Elon saying he's got a shitload of h100s makes me believe nvda will beat. Everyone else seems to be showing signs of weakening.

It's a very hard market to trade. There's a lot of bearish data, which hedgies might still be trading off of rate cuts. Only way I can explain teslas reaction.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
All of the fake and gay has already been honked into the stock market for quite awhile now. It no longer makes any logical sense, it's an emotion machine.

Blazin wrote recently about the idea of “sentiment” being powerful.

TSLA had the double miss but the earnings call included talk about licensing FSD to a major and an economy car. So, sentiment go boom even tho technicals go meh.

It’s possible that fake and gay can become a crutch. And maybe this is fake and gay. But, I try to remember that as I use “fake and gay” constantly in my text threads w bros.

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes you of all people should know markets are always forward looking. An abysmal Q report is always looked past in favor of forward guides or new news. They basically said they are fast tracking new vehicle development and cheap model option as well as the FSD licensing. When you have so much negativity already baked in, even the slightest glimmer of positive news can send the stock back in a positive direction.

Zog Zog re SQQQ, “hold and hope” is always a terrible trade strategy. Being in SQQQ is never an investment, so as a trade and it moving against you the prudent thing is to cut it quick and reassess position / entry. Holding and hoping for a singular ER to move the trade in your favor is just gambling and poor trade management.

• 2Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes you of all people should know markets are always forward looking. An abysmal Q report is always looked past in favor of forward guides or new news. They basically said they are fast tracking new vehicle development and cheap model option as well as the FSD licensing. When you have so much negativity already baked in, even the slightest glimmer of positive news can send the stock back in a positive direction.

Zog Zog re SQQQ, “hold and hope” is always a terrible trade strategy. Being in SQQQ is never an investment, so as a trade and it moving against you the prudent thing is to cut it quick and reassess position / entry. Holding and hoping for a singular ER to move the trade in your favor is just gambling and poor trade management.

100%. Gambling and taking positions just to take a trade because funds were settled and a recency bias.

I always say, being right doesn't matter, it's all about the right time. Burry knows this better than anyone. He damn near lost everything because he knew he was right but was so far away from the right time.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."

I wonder how many people explain their bad trades w this philosophy though?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've already put $15k of my IJS trade back to work and have another $5k sitting there looking for entries.

I've realized I need a solution that shows me ~10 charts at a time with SMA's, so I don't have to click back and forth through stuff, but I also don't want to pay TradingView $500 a year. Is there a freemium solution to doing this?

Molten Core Raider
I've already put $15k of my IJS trade back to work and have another $5k sitting there looking for entries.

I've realized I need a solution that shows me ~10 charts at a time with SMA's, so I don't have to click back and forth through stuff, but I also don't want to pay TradingView $500 a year. Is there a freemium solution to doing this?
What trade platform you using and how many screens? You COULD set up thinkorswim to watch 10 at a time, but they end up being silly small. When I was messing around with pennies in a discord group with some people I knew I had 2 27 inch screens with 12 charts each, but they were really only useful for watching for movement. Couldn't see much. It technically is possible though