Investing General Discussion

Palum

what Suineg set it to
at least in the Sarlacc pit, you won't last more than 1000 years.

I'm sure this question will infuriate Araysar Araysar , sorry in advance

SMCI has an earnings report tomorrow. They currently have a PE ratio of 68.9. HPE currently has a PE ratio of 11.76. Dell is 28.97. IMB is 18.87. NVida is 72.8. I don't undestand why SMCI's pe is so much higher than their competition. i don't see how they could have anything in their earnings report that justifies their ratio. how do they not drop tomorrow?

Only thing that matters is hype. Are they going to reaffirm they are an AI ROBOTICS company now like Tesla?

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
at least in the Sarlacc pit, you won't last more than 1000 years.

I'm sure this question will infuriate Araysar Araysar , sorry in advance

SMCI has an earnings report tomorrow. They currently have a PE ratio of 68.9. HPE currently has a PE ratio of 11.76. Dell is 28.97. IMB is 18.87. NVida is 72.8. I don't undestand why SMCI's pe is so much higher than their competition. i don't see how they could have anything in their earnings report that justifies their ratio. how do they not drop tomorrow?

PE Ratio etc. aside, SMCI nowadays is basically a day trader lottery stock. Its price moves as much as 20% every day based mostly on that

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Sentiment?

• 1Truth!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Seems like a good entry to FBTC right now

Still showing weakness imo. I think it'll keep dropping. Here's my chart:

1714495841911.png

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
Cut out of the yen trade around breakeven. I expected to see more follow thru besides the single small (but effective) intervention that wasn't an intervention from the Japs. Shorts have backed up the truck on this and little moves by the BoJ won't get it done.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Paper Hands

Molten Core Raider
If you are a gap fill voodoo enjoyer, FBTC has gaps to fill down into the 35 ish range on the daily.
fbtcgaps.jpg

Never know! As always best of luck!

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Launch Fail

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Who's playing AMZN roulette later today?

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
FOMC is tomorrow, and I just saw an article saying that Janet doesn't have much of a choice but to come out as hawkish on rate increases/lack of cuts. Which of course is bad news for the market.

Of course, he should have done that back in December, so... *shrug*

• 1Mother of God

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was reminded today of the painful mixture of liquidity, spread, and poorly placed trailing stops /sad panda.

story: had some SOFI June expiry $6 calls for about 1.50$. Goal was short term(1-2 weeks for me) play at any gain I could get. I was up 20%! Sweet. I’m happy. Set a trailing stop(limit #fail) and their earnings posted with a revised down Q3. Stock, and of course options, took a giant shit. Blew right past my limit without selling leaving me now down about 30%

Options are far enough out and I do like SOFI as a company and future long term growth. So I’ll keep holding for now. Depending on how it moves I would even execute, for example if price is 6.80$ as my cost basis would be around 7.50$ and I am confident it will eventually get back there(famous last words) but man that sucked. Just figured I would share my rookie mistake with others as a reminder that lower volume, wide spread, fast moving changes….a limit stop isn’t always the safety one might believe.

ahh well. Live and learn

• 2Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rangoth Rangoth

you mentioned an options position and earnings. Just an FYI if you’re unaware, stops only work during market hours. Not only that, but options only trade during market hours as well (with a couple ETF exceptions).

Holding options through an earnings event is gambling big time. If earnings & guidance don’t go well, you’re eating shit until next market day. If you’re holding stock through earnings, you can at least exit in extended trading. But remember again, stops only work during market hours.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to

I don't know what Musk is doing as this point. He's now just handing an opportunity for an industry reset to his competition I guess if the model 2 rumors are true and now this?

I had thought the regime would tie him up and dispose of him slowly and eventually force him to sell SpaceX and have some ex Lockheed exec take it over. He does seem self destructive with all this recent behavior like making certain enemies around Israel and then severely undercutting the perception of the success of Tesla's FSD and infrastructure while claiming your next big product is going to be... robot taxis?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I had thought the regime would tie him up and dispose of him slowly and eventually force him to sell SpaceX and have some ex Lockheed exec take it over. He does seem self destructive with all this recent behavior like making certain enemies around Israel and then severely undercutting the perception of the success of Tesla's FSD and infrastructure while claiming your next big product is going to be... robot taxis?
Maybe call them JohnnyCabs? Wait, wait, that's taken I think...

I've got it: eLonnyCab!

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rangoth Rangoth

you mentioned an options position and earnings. Just an FYI if you’re unaware, stops only work during market hours. Not only that, but options only trade during market hours as well (with a couple ETF exceptions).

Holding options through an earnings event is gambling big time. If earnings & guidance don’t go well, you’re eating shit until next market day. If you’re holding stock through earnings, you can at least exit in extended trading. But remember again, stops only work during market hours.

correct and I am aware, my limit just got blasted through. when the stock drops fast the options market moves faster, so my 1.82(or whatever it was) limit got smoked when people started offloading at 1.70 instantly to jump ship as the stock fell. ive always been afraid of market limits on options out of fear that I get sniped by the 0.05 dudes

either way it was a lesson learned for me on many levels

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

I don't know what Musk is doing as this point. He's now just handing an opportunity for an industry reset to his competition I guess if the model 2 rumors are true and now this?

Tesla is a robotics AI company. He’s probably putting a lot more money into Optimus right now, as he should..

IMG_7646.gif