Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am taking my profits from SHLL and running a call, strike of 30 for end of August.
The implied volatility is making shit a bit costly. Im thinking of running the $40 strike out to Jan '21 on the next real dip.

I think TSLA is sucking the air out of all the other electric car companies right now. Unlike NKLA which I think is mainly vaporware, I like Hyliion a lot as a company.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I bounced out of my DAL today at 14% profit. It was at 54% at one time but tanked quickly and I just don’t feel like holding it for years now. I may get back into them if they take another dive, but idk. I’m liking the more stable dividend stocks. I don’t feel like I have to monitor the ticker every day with them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Whut?

LGB is great and I was gladly paying extra $100-200 per flight to fly domestic and avoid the LAX nightmare

cool looking and convenient airport to get in and out of, its the city council that made it a unworkable dumpster fire for jetblue. WAY more money to be made at LAX.

Who where you paying extra money to by the way? LGB has the lowest yields of any of the LA basin airports.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
cool looking and convenient airport to get in and out of, its the city council that made it a unworkable dumpster fire for jetblue. WAY more money to be made at LAX.

Who where you paying extra money to by the way? LGB has the lowest yields of any of the LA basin airports.

oh got it

jetblue tickets were typically like $100-200 more for RT flights to Chicago than comparable American or United flights

im still committed to flying out as least as possible out of LAX, so I guess its John Wayne Airport for me

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
For those who are looking at airline stocks. I'd remain cautious about picking AAL. Business is still way down, and pretty much everyone is expecting early retirement and or furloughs to get dropped in the coming months. Lots of rumors flying around, but the only hard truth is business is still below 1/3 capacity during the busiest part of year. It aint pretty from the inside, and I can't imagine there isn't some ugly news coming.
How is that any different than the situation at DAL and UAL?

AAL has a GIGANTIC amount of debt. More than their competitors. Head of Boeing let it slip that he think they may be looking at Bankruptcy. AAL head said he isn't considering it..but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Banks, Delta, J and J and Netflix all this week. Tuesday gonna be either really green or really fucking red.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Tesla up in premature 7%, $1650. For fucks sake

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Man. For as much as I harp on that stupid stock sure would have been nice to buy some back in March about now. I need to adopt the millennial condition to investing from now on.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Tsla is a good stock for chasing money at the moment. It will never have the revenue or income to justify it's price, so it's a very bad hold.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tesla up in premature 7%, $1650. For fucks sake
maxresdefault-1.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tsla is a good stock for chasing money at the moment. It will never have the revenue or income to justify it's price, so it's a very bad hold.

If you repeatedly got in and got out over the past few years you would have made a ton of money off of the stock. Not even timing it just general buy and hold for like a year then sell.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man. For as much as I harp on that stupid stock sure would have been nice to buy some back in March about now. I need to adopt the millennial condition to investing from now on.

I almost bought some when it was in the $200 range last year but Elon was always tweeting stupid shit and smoking weed in public was making me too wary of it. I’m an idiot I guess.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NVDA up 14% in the last 14 days. If it weren't for TSLA goijg vertical this might standout and have people talking.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
NVDA up 14% in the last 14 days. If it weren't for TSLA goijg vertical this might standout and have people talking.

The market is so damn volatile that isn’t even really a big deal at the moment. Companies are dropping and gaining 5-15% on a day to day basis for so long.

• 1Like