Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So with the markets up two days in a row, are you going to do anything else for the week?
I always look for value. Just because the markets are up doesnt mean everthing is up. Nasdaq only has 52% advancers so far

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Pelosi fucked up, the senate now has zero reason to work with her on stimulus. So if we get stimulus, it will be far closer to what the senate wants, not what Pelosi wants.

edit: and of course travel stocks down right now for above reason.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just curious for all these board bros who went to cash expecting a crash, how are you going to approach getting back in?
Well I went cash on XOM, PFE, and CAT so I’m looking like I made good moves there. With 1/2 that cash I bought CI at $170 basis and DOCU at $198 and they both went parabolic today. I still have half the cash sitting on the sidelines but I’m happy with the moves I made. Obviously could’ve went all in but I kept half the cash sidelined in case it went the other way. Played it safer which I tend to do.

Now just wondering if I should take my CI profit, keep the DOCU.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Banks and Construction probably get torched near term. Healthcare should run since healthcare reform is probably DOA now.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Damn. Set my CI limit to sell at $210, a fraction too late it looks like. It went over that but the sell didn’t trigger.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
AMD had a nice jump which put me back over my 78 put. AMD has been good to me the past couple weeks for puts, making 2.5% or more a week and I don't mind holding them long either especially with intel on the ropes

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I expect a lot of volatility today. There are still lots of unknowns with the election.

VIX getting crushed, I think the air is being let out quickly that we got a rather "stable" result. LMT and MSFT purchases have just been a total win, I hesitated yesterday on AMZN @ $3000 and that was a bonehead move, but this has far exceeded my expectations

Two disappointments are VZ and JPM.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
VIX getting crushed, I think the air is being let out quickly that we got a rather "stable" result. LMT and MSFT purchases have just been a total win, I hesitated yesterday on AMZN @ $3000 and that was a bonehead move, but this has far exceeded my expectations so far.

Two disappointments are VZ and JPM.
I had added more to my AMZN back at $3025. I don't fight the tide on Big tech anymore.

edit: I was looking to add LMT at $345 and missed by a couple of bucks.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
My guts told me to pick up amazon 3k, nivida 500 and MSFT 200, but I'm over leveraged as is so...

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
With the rocket up today I hit a new high and hit a threshold where my 401k will easily hit my goal for retirement in ~12 years with the minimum in. Frees up about 1500 a month for the more fun part of my plan, capital gains. I already have a small brokerage, but I'm considering switching companies.

Would like to hear opinions on which company has the best phone app.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
With the rocket up today I hit a new high and hit a threshold where my 401k will easily hit my goal for retirement in ~12 years with the minimum in. Frees up about 1500 a month for the more fun part of my plan, capital gains. I already have a small brokerage, but I'm considering switching companies.

Would like to hear opinions on which company has the best phone app.

TD phone app is really good, but with the buyout I don't know what it's long term fate is.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why do you need a phone app for a 401k? Money dumps in allocation every week and you’re done. Do you shift it around daily or something?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think he means he is going to have money to put into an additional account.
Oh. I like Fidelity on phone and website but don’t have anything to compare it to. It simply works and is easy/intuitive.