Investing General Discussion

SeanDoe1z1

The FDE (foward deploy eng) is my biggest hold on it. I really like the concept and think they're ahead of the game on that, but I do think it will turn off the commercial side more than people think.

I'm just low-information posting to be honest. If I wasn't hungry for swing trades or had the capital I would definitely hold long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Boomer stocks need love too.

The bad part for CSCO is this is the 4th straight qtr of declining revenue. Beats are great. Shrinking revenue isn't. They need to think of something.

Screenshot_20201112-184003_Samsung Internet.jpg

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Boomer stocks need love too.

The bad part for CSCO is this is the 4th straight qtr of declining revenue. Beats are great. Shrinking revenue isn't. They need to think of something.

View attachment 317303

Legacy hardware technology companies are driving themselves into obsolescence. They make their money on number of physical units with support plans and services but they are all driving the cutting edge of making their products smaller/faster so the customer needs less. Most of them have started moving into software products, subscriptions, and managed services to up margins while revenue declines. The problem is that Wall Street really doesn't like big companies getting smaller even if they are far more profitable and sustainable in the long term.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, all these companies, Cisco, Avaya, Juniper, Extreme, etc are replacing a traditional hardware business with recurring revenue businesses, either subscription licensing + annual upgrades, managed services or some other kind of value-add. Cisco's new cloud phone offering is also pretty good, though Ringcentral and Five9 are going to be hard to beat, but then again Cisco has the ability to leverage partnerships and cash to crush them.

If MS Teams adoption continues to grow, Audiocodes and Ribbon both have a lot to gain from that.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, all these companies, Cisco, Avaya, Juniper, Extreme, etc are replacing a traditional hardware business with recurring revenue businesses, either subscription licensing + annual upgrades, managed services or some other kind of value-add. Cisco's new cloud phone offering is also pretty good, though Ringcentral and Five9 are going to be hard to beat, but then again Cisco has the ability to leverage partnerships and cash to crush them.

If MS Teams adoption continues to grow, Audiocodes and Ribbon both have a lot to gain from that.
Like most companies in this situation (hello to you IBM), their leadership has to make tough decisions and be willing to implement them. Most times they aren't willing to take the risk and rather just ride it out until they retire with the golden parachute and don't give a fuck about the long term health of the company.

Ps.. we went with Cisco Meraki company wide and its a damn nice product.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Like most companies in this situation (hello to you IBM), their leadership has to make tough decisions and be willing to implement them. Most times they aren't willing to take the risk and rather just ride it out until they retire with the golden parachute and don't give a fuck about the long term health of the company.

Ps.. we went with Cisco Meraki company wide and its a damn nice product.

Blockbuster anyone?

• 1Truth!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have eyes on NIO today? What a trainwreck. High of day at $54.20 .. then a massive sell off all the way down to $40.55

This being cited as what killed the EV market today:

Khane

Chinese EV stock. Part of the reason I hate the speculative nature of the market and how volatile it has become is because shmucks like this Andrew Left guy can buoy and pull the rug out of the price of stocks like these by just talking. Put in a big trade, talk it up, people follow. Cash out, take a short position, pull the plug on your support, people follow. It's bush league.

Meanwhile, nobody seems to care about the company behind the stock at all.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Chinese EV stock. Part of the reason I hate the speculative nature of the market and how volatile it has become is because shmucks like this Andrew Left guy can buoy and pull the rug out of the price of stocks like these by just talking. Put in a big trade, talk it up, people follow. Cash out, take a short position, pull the plug on your support, people follow. It's bush league.

Meanwhile, nobody seems to care about the company behind the stock at all.
Thats because 95% of people who "actively trade" have zero idea how to read a company's financial documents or a stock chart. They buy and sell based on what a guy wearing a necktie says on CNBC or the latest posts on wallstreetbets. Or a guy on social media.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Thats because 95% of people who "actively trade" have zero idea how to read a company's financial documents or a stock chart. They buy and sell based on what a guy wearing a necktie says on CNBC or the latest posts on wallstreetbets. Or a guy on social media.

<guilty of this>

But im fast getting it out of my system.

Full disclosure: I've held NIO for a couple weeks now, and the frenzy convinced me to buy the other two Chinese EVs today and I got trapped in the rug pull..

Khane

The China Hustle documentary is pretty informative.

Of course the "whistleblowers" are all short sellers pretending to be activists.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The China Hustle documentary is pretty informative.

Of course the "whistleblowers" are all short sellers pretending to be activists.
Speaking of China, it was reported today that Li himself ordered the ANT ipo killed because of an " anti- govt" speech Ma gave a few weeks ago.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
<guilty of this>

But im fast getting it out of my system.

Full disclosure: I've held NIO for a couple weeks now, and the frenzy convinced me to buy the other two Chinese EVs today and I got trapped in the rug pull..
I wasnt throwing shade on you, just pointing something out. To be honest, people here should treat investing like raiding. No one starts out good at raiding. It takes lots of reading about the encounters and zones and playing your toon well. It doesn't take a degree to be good at this. Just lots of reading/watching, practicing with fake money for a while, and doing research with what you learned.