Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Im still not used to seeing this on the S&P 500 heat map...

1609339768568.png

SeanDoe1z1

I guess I never understood that. I guess Elon Musk isn't that scary to the MMs anymore. Refering to the S&P listing. Such a large portion of it, right?

Or just outright greed? Everything feels so greedy lately, myself included 100x.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I guess I never understood that. I guess Elon Musk isn't that scary to the MMs anymore. Refering to the S&P listing. Such a large portion of it, right?

Or just outright greed? Everything feels so greedy lately, myself included 100x.
TSLA had not met the criteria for inclusion until recently (4 quarters of profitability). They skipped them on the first go round a few months ago and then relented. I think S&P are concerned about the combination of marketcap and volatility and its influence on the index.

SeanDoe1z1

LOAK acquistion to DNMR NYSE listing today.

I think its a decent mid to long term hold. Marine safe bioplastic company w/ big names. Jives with upcoming policy IMHO and bleeding hearts. Zero DD. Listen to my livejournal at your own risk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TSLA new all time high ($696.60). Can't believe this thing is still running post S&P inclusion.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I took advantage of the spike up in BABA to sell half my shares at a profit. I had bought in right before the downward spike and then cost averaged down at the bottom but it left me with a bigger position than I wanted in it. This way I am at a comfortable size and a much lower cost basis.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been following Yates Investing on twitter, he posts some penny stock plays here and there so I figure I'd give it a shake, not bad so far the last couple days

1609360904861.png

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been following Yates Investing on twitter, he posts some penny stock plays here and there so I figure I'd give it a shake, not bad so far the last couple days

View attachment 326186
Penny stocks...

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So looks like all the hype around BTC is finally spilling over into stocks and anything linked to crypto is going up. I bought some CAN at 4.70 and its already up to 5.50, lets see if it can sustain.

Nate

Molten Core Raider
So looks like all the hype around BTC is finally spilling over into stocks and anything linked to crypto is going up. I bought some CAN at 4.70 and its already up to 5.50, lets see if it can sustain.
Why not just buy btc?

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I could, but I'm still getting my feet wet in the stock market, since up until a couple of months ago all I did was dump my funds into index funds.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I could, but I'm still getting my feet wet in the stock market, since up until a couple of months ago all I did was dump my funds into index funds.
Worth a watch on Amazon Prime if you have it.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TSLA hit $712 and looking strong. Really don't know when this insanity will ever end.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
TSLA hit $712 and looking strong. Really don't know when this insanity will ever end.
Now that I officially own TSLA I dunno what to think. I might actually dump my SandP when it becomes a 2 trillion dollar company.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Question: I'm wanting to close out a put I have today, so I can just eat the loss (this put is never working out in the next two weeks and so more valuable to me as a loss now). I am trying to sell to close at market, but there are NO bidders and its sitting there. Is there a way to wash your hands of it and take the loss without someone buying it?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Question: I'm wanting to close out a put I have today, so I can just eat the loss (this put is never working out in the next two weeks and so more valuable to me as a loss now). I am trying to sell to close at market, but there are NO bidders and its sitting there. Is there a way to wash your hands of it and take the loss without someone buying it?
Nope, either someone buys it or you let it expire

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PSTH hit $28.15 .. missed my re-entry scalping on this one, so no position anymore.

FCEL swing trade has made some great moves this month and had been my biggest winner.