Investing General Discussion

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thought that insider trading isn't happening on a semi daily basis seems very hard to believe. Much like government cronyism I suspect it's just the norm until you piss of the wrong person and then they slap your hand.

And laws like this are probably enforced the same way pen stealing is enforced at work: don't steal the whole box and nothing will ever happen to you.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Some internet dude (you guys may be familiar, I'm not) calling his wife to tell her about the money he's committed to jumping into GME feet first with. Funny as shit to me.

I put a few bucks in myself this morning. I of course hope to pull out in the green, but I'm legit ok with losing it if it falls that way. Small price to pay for taking part in the fun!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
Some internet dude (you guys may be familiar, I'm not) calling his wife to tell her about the money he's committed to jumping into GME feet first with. Funny as shit to me.

I put a few bucks in myself this morning. I of course hope to pull out in the green, but I'm legit ok with losing it if it falls that way. Small price to pay for taking part in the fun!

This was great. I followed this guy for years and watched his stuff to build my first PC. Canadian too!

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
If this administration so early on wants to start drawing lines against the everyday people involved in this we will see a recall election for president happen some how.
Obama did it in 08. Bailing out the banks was like the very first thing he did. Won re-election easily and millions got thrown out of their homes. This is nothing compared.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They first phrased the bailout for banks as companies needing the ability to keep their line of credit function open. Turns out that wasn't even needed for a lot of companies as the economy went to shit. But this time it's "ok".

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
After paying February's bills I've got $480 left in the budget for this/next week to play around with on stonking. I could throw another $100 into Gamestop whenever it dips, and hang onto the rest until I do some more research. Thinking BTC if it dips below 30k, maybe some Palantir, hard to tell if that's riding a wave currently or consistently going up. Another possibility is Ethereum, which I've got zero of now. Also looking at Dash.

Don't know about that. They'd be wiping out a huge amount of people at this point. Can they do that? Sure, especially if it's under the guise of "fighting terror" which has made a huge comeback this month as a rationale for doing stupid shit. Will they do it? I'm inclined to say no. Too much backlash, especially when they're already going to be scrambling to make excuses for the economy dropping on their watch.

Edit:

VOO, QQQ, FTEC, ARKG, ARKF etc

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
the financial stress I've suffered from not being able to buy more amc is immeasurable

That's odd, because I can measure my distress due to their actions precisely.

one-million-dollars.gif

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
Webull suffered the same meltdown, as mentioned previously regarding the clearinghouse. Just open with Fidelity since they can handle their own shit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'm still speechless over this. So any hot stock they can instantly kill at anytime from here on out?

I’m interested in buying some calls for either AMC or GME next week. My only worry is that the institutions are once and for all going to stop this somehow, get the SEC to initiate some kind of emergency shit, whatever.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user