Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I generally don't do healthcare, too much sitting around hoping to get that massive pop on good results from a test that took over a year to perform. Yeah it's great when you hit one of those 200% movers in one day, but how often does that happen?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
He needs to be more specific, there's so many dips to buy!

1612291757148.png

oh you GIF

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds like a lot of the new people in this thread need to find Index funds first, and then start learning other methods from there.
I just got greedy. My original "exit" was getting a 100% return. Then Thursday happened and I was like, well maybe AMC hits $20 again. It didn't, so I had a limit sell for just above my break even point.

I should've seen the writing on the wall yesterday and got out with a 5-10% loss.

Then overnight it just cratered further.

In the end I lost about 0.1% of my net worth. Not ideal, but it's a rounding error. I kept telling my wife how ridiculous it was to stress about it when it's such a small amount of money. But I'm also a miser and fret over spending $10 on new socks when the ones I'm wearing are threadbare. So losing $500 hurts.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, at this point, I think most of the people who are still in the green have likely sold off. The only ones left are the ones that got in at $200+ and are begging people to hold in the hopes they don't lose their ass.

SeanDoe1z1

I have to tell my friend to stay the fuck away from GME. God damn, smart people can be dumb as fuck.

I mean the dude literally opened up a RH account and I had to explain FOMO to him and I am a retarded monkey. Let alone trying to buy into the weekend.

I am still long on BTC plays for 21 as a greedy swing gambler.

the more i think about it, the less money means to someone like him so meh. everyone got their motivations.

SeanDoe1z1

AMC didn't make money before the pandemic, it isn't going to make it after.

but hey, that never stopped companies from being valued sky high so whatever.

<chimes in the guy hyping an increasingly risky digital asset with our #1 threat to our entire way of life(china) probably having more than enough means to completely fuck it over>

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PSTH still going strong. I can't find news or rumors anywhere. (currently $29.75)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Drive to the theater at a specific time to catch a movie, pay 500% markup for some mediocre candy, sit in uncomfortable seats for an hour+, if opening week deal with inconsiderate shitheads and annoying kids.

Or spend half / quarter of the money to stream it whenever you want from the comfort of your home.

I don't want the people hoping to go back to work at AMC to be out of a job, but I also don't want to lose the option to stream new releases.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just got greedy. My original "exit" was getting a 100% return. Then Thursday happened and I was like, well maybe AMC hits $20 again. It didn't, so I had a limit sell for just above my break even point.

I should've seen the writing on the wall yesterday and got out with a 5-10% loss.

Then overnight it just cratered further.

In the end I lost about 0.1% of my net worth. Not ideal, but it's a rounding error. I kept telling my wife how ridiculous it was to stress about it when it's such a small amount of money. But I'm also a miser and fret over spending $10 on new socks when the ones I'm wearing are threadbare. So losing $500 hurts.
This is why the old saying is "a sociopath is the best trader". No emotions. Pick an exit, hit it and then never look back. That being said, once I hit my exits I will drop a trailing stop and then just let it run. The meme stocks were especially tough because of the social media frenzy. I never think about the 5$ I "didn't make" selling at around $16 on AMC. I only consider the 102% profit I turned in less than an hour.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have to tell my friend to stay the fuck away from GME. God damn, smart people can be dumb as fuck.

I mean the dude literally opened up a RH account and I had to explain FOMO to him and I am a retarded monkey. Let alone trying to buy into the weekend.

I am still long on BTC plays for 21 as a greedy swing gambler.

the more i think about it, the less money means to someone like him so meh. everyone got their motivations.

Per this and Gravel Gravel (and everyone else here for that matter) theres a book called “Sway: The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior”.

It’s basically a bunch of case studies of smart and successful people doing arguably dumb things bc their emotions take over. One story is about a guy that sold his company with the goal of buying a house to retire in Martha’s Vineyard. Instead of just doing that he held onto his stock bc he wanted it to grow a tiny increment more. His financial advisor told him to get out. The stock fell 10%. His financial advisor told him to get out. Then he just wanted to get that 10% back. The stock fell another 40%. His advisor said gtfo. Now he felt he was stuck and stayed in. He eventually lost it all.

It’s just a part of being human. We all experience it. It doesn’t make us stupid. It makes us undisciplined emotional beings, who operate more on fear than wisdom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I will say it's satisfying getting out near a high today ($8.34). I missed the bump an hour earlier hoping it'd at least hit $9. It's been even worse the rest of the day so far.

SeanDoe1z1

PSTH still going strong. I can't find news or rumors anywhere. (currently $29.75)

SPAC madness. Q1 was/is suppose to be the announce. I'm increasingly not liking Ackman's online presence which is enough for a retarded monkey like me.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
It seems like the uber-rich class automatically defaults to Racial Stuff as their go-to defense for shutting down anybody at odds with them. Probably...because it works.

Yes, it's camouflage. Think Mossy Oak, but instead Mossy LBTQBBQ etc... Modern Corporations, skin their prey and then wear their prey as camo, hence why we are now inundated with woke. It's more than virtue signaling, it's a way to avert hate towards their brand amongst the Woke NPC farm.

Also:

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Its just a bear trap guys;

1612295236143.png

This is why the old saying is "a sociopath is the best trader". No emotions. Pick an exit, hit it and then never look back. That being said, once I hit my exits I will drop a trailing stop and then just let it run. The meme stocks were especially tough because of the social media frenzy. I never think about the 5$ I "didn't make" selling at around $16 on AMC. I only consider the 102% profit I turned in less than an hour.
Yup. If I had sold at 1.20 I could have made another $1200. But 36% return in 3 days is good enough.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Anything I don't like is an attack."

Or, it's your WSB bros "paper handing" you so they're not stuck holding the bag.

Edit: Also, anyone who's not all in on "diamond hands" is a bot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users