Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its a crime that they don't teach finance in high school, even basic shit like your IRA. I only had one teacher in my entire learning career mention IRA's and it was my 9th grade science teacher FFS.
Racist. What about the poor minority kids in high school who can't read or do simple arithmetic? You just want to help the white and Asian kids.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just don't understand why they wouldn't get that the hedge that's shorting wouldn't also buy and sell on the way up/down to cover their shorts. If retards on Reddit can get rich, why couldn't the hedges use that same concept to cut their losses? And better, short on the way down from $400 and make a killing.

Best of all, their bankroll is WAY higher than some 20 year old, so they can float it.

I don't doubt that these hedge funds would still be able to secure more borrowed stock to short. But it's fucking madness that a fund that is essentially insolvent at that moment in time would get anything from anyone, anywhere. And why would anyone lend shares at that inflated price? It makes no fucking sense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't doubt that these hedge funds would still be able to secure more borrowed stock to short. But it's fucking madness that a fund that is essentially insolvent at that moment in time would get anything from anyone, anywhere. And why would anyone lend shares at that inflated price? It makes no fucking sense.
Not surprising considering all the shady shit that both caused and happened after the 07 crash. Fucking derivatives on top of derivatives

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Damn. Was $50 up across the board yesterday, but now I'm down $25 today. This is why I don't day trade, Jesus.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
ARKO (formerly Haymaker spac I believe) that (as is my too often habit) I'm still holding long since its merger was over finally got the attention of some analyst "BMO capital" that ranks it out perform with a 13 dollar target. I learned all this because this thing has finally started to creep up some and I was wondering why. I set a trailing stop on it but just canceled it, i wanted this damn long, I can wait a bit longer to see if it does indeed reach the teens. Thought i'd share.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wasn't on my radar, what you got on em so far? Still under 11 so not on a lot of peoples list either
Yeah its low volume right now. I missed the bottom earlier, waiting to see if it swings back down. It isn't really notable other than it is large asset. it opened at 3/4 of a billion in size.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah its low volume right now. I missed the bottom earlier, waiting to see if it swings back down. It isn't really notable other than it is large asset. it opened at 3/4 of a billion in size.

Have you checked out their team or their target sectors yet?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Have you checked out their team or their target sectors yet?
Decided to take a position at $10.62

1612460479023.png