Investing General Discussion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Pointing out for a while it was the thing to build the brand while raking in revenue and little to no profit. Now someone has stretched that into we just need no revenue at all to do it.
Clown world gonna clown I suppose.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I bought X a while ago, sold chunks as it went up, sold a covered call on my last shares and really don't want it getting executed, and don't want to pay to close it, and don't want to pay to roll it. Lol

Hoping it falls below 21 by next Friday

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's hard to swing trade right now when all the stuff is making swings each direction more than once a day. Becomes day trading.
Typically only enter my swings in the last 1-2 hours of trading. Too much time intraday for the market to puke. Usually by power hour, you can see the general direction. Specific stock has to have a setup, ie: near a technical breakout with some level(s) of support reasonably below. If the direction isn't obvious (market chop), I don't take the trade. The last 3 weeks have been nothing but chop. I made more in my first couple days in Feb than I have all of March. But that is ok. I would rather sit on the sidelines and wait for the good setups than enter risky trades and be losing money.

There were definitely a few missed opportunities like F bouncing hard off of the 20 day, TSLA bounce off the 100 day, but those are typically not my trading plan. Find a plan, find your niche, hone it, and stick to it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BRIEF-Musk, Tesla Board Sued Over Tweeting In Violation Of SEC Deal - Bloomberg Law

BRIEF-Musk, Tesla Board Sued Over Tweeting In Violation Of SEC Deal - Bloomberg Law​

REUTERS 12:52 PM ET 3/12/2021

March 12 (Reuters) -

* MUSK, TESLA BOARD SUED OVER TWEETING IN VIOLATION OF SEC DEAL -
Update: Apparently it is a single investor suing Elon and the board over his tweet. Not the SEC.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I love charts. QQQ vs. FTEC vs. QQQJ
Duration 10 day.

They were nearly identical 10 days go. In the intervening 10 days up to a 5% disparity. Today they are back to nearly identical.

1615576595415.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Weird, so what holding is missing from...uh, whichever one has fewer stocks rolled up into it?
They are three different indexes. QQQ is Nasdaq 1 - 100, QQQJ is the Nasdaq 101-200, and FTEC is a pure tech big cap index that excludes Comm sector stocks like (FB and GOOG).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't think that's true as long as I file the proper paperwork before the tax filing deadline.

But that's why I want a tax expert to tell me.
Nevermind, it was not that hard to do after I talked to Fidelity.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Throwing this in here as it contains some interesting information about the Bond market and what may be coming:

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
WSB was raising money for the apes and got to $70k or something like it last I looked. Dian Fossey foundation or something like that.