Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
T with the double beat and 44 million HBO/HBO Max subscribers. +600k post-paid phone customers (VZ was -200k). Debt up to $169 billion. They had been reducing it and then spent a shitload on wireless spectrum at the last auction.

Stock +5%

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
According to Zero Hedge the collapse of the global financial markets is imminent and has been for as long as I have been reading them. Like all things, take it with a grain of salt. Their data is usually solid, they just cherry pick and spin it to a bear perspective.

As to the article, I agree with it 100% don't buy paper commodities (ie.. gold/silver ETFs), own the real deal and take possession of it.

What are the implications of paper commodities being oversold?

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
What are the implications of paper commodities being oversold?
The allegation (and its not just ZH, it has floated around for a while) is that the ETFs/Funds etc selling "shares" of commodities dont actually have the commodity to back all the shares they sold. This of course is highly illegal. Its like owning a house and selling the same house to ten people. Commodity stores should be independently audited on a regular basis. And the other issue is redemption. If you choose to redeem paper for the actual commodity, how long does it take for them to deliver.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I kind of want to dump it anyway...

I doubt the progressive s are going to be real friendly towards thiel and co.

Well, wanted to dump some of it, dropping my equity money back down to basis from last year, so selling about half of everything.

Would have liked to get a few more calls and a bit higher price out of it, but if it gets executed, fuck it. Lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>

Well, wanted to dump some of it, dropping my equity money back down to basis from last year, so selling about half of everything.

Would have liked to get a few more calls and a bit higher price out of it, but if it gets executed, fuck it. Lol
My one caveat with it is that it has real-world applications for business (Gotham or Foundry, forget which). I am holding mine long-term for this reason and less the government application. If they can get a solid foothold there its a homerun. They have no real competition with their products.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
MSFT and V with new 52-highs this morning.

I really come <this> close to selling my V position a while back. You just have to ignore the noise and stay the course.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I dunno if they have the woke capital to survive private industry either.

Going to try my hand at selling fear once it executes.

Cover call it until it's gone, then sell puts until I get it back. Lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
NFLX dancing just above the $500 mark. It seems to be the inflection point for options and is probably whats holding it above $500.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

I've doubled the amount of PLTR shares I hold since the IPO. 💎💎💎:emoji_open_hands: my guy...