Investing General Discussion

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Just 6T? We gotta pump those numbers up.

200.gif

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AMC
Look at those calls expiring today. 169k contracts traded today at $30 strike.

1622229272494.png

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Going back to a previous topic a few weeks back,

Considering moving my 3 small brokerage accounts to 1 new one with fidelity. I'm not active on them. Less than $1k across the 3. 2, public and webull, I only signed up for the fre stocks, got about 20 bucks for my efforts. 3rd is etrade where an old employee stock purchase account was.

Any pros cons to consolidating vs just leaving? I assume those 2 free stock accounts have some time required before I can move out

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Calm before the storm? I think tale end of June could start to see a little more volatility than this complete yawn
E2f10FYVkAcOv5k.jpg
fest of a market.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Going back to a previous topic a few weeks back,

Considering moving my 3 small brokerage accounts to 1 new one with fidelity. I'm not active on them. Less than $1k across the 3. 2, public and webull, I only signed up for the fre stocks, got about 20 bucks for my efforts. 3rd is etrade where an old employee stock purchase account was.

Any pros cons to consolidating vs just leaving? I assume those 2 free stock accounts have some time required before I can move out
Consolidate. Having multiple accounts becomes a pain in the balls.

• 1Solidarity

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
I had forgotten I owned 30 shares of AMC from earlier in the year and then realized I was an idiot. Sold at $31 this morning, I'll take it. Perfectly planned.

• 7Tendies
Reactions: 6 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had 30 shares of BB I fail caked on with a cost basis of 10.67 or some shit. Didn’t need the money and was letting it sit there as a reminder not to meme.
Well that shot to 11.50+ today and I was able to get out and actually turn a profit. Lol

never expected it but I’ll take it. Days like today remind me even more that I should stick to tried and true and take my safe(but lower %) money every month and not chase the moon shit. As nice as it would be to be a multi-millionaire overnight it’s just so unlikely.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had 30 shares of BB I fail caked on with a cost basis of 10.67 or some shit. Didn’t need the money and was letting it sit there as a reminder not to meme.
Well that shot to 11.50+ today and I was able to get out and actually turn a profit. Lol

never expected it but I’ll take it. Days like today remind me even more that I should stick to tried and true and take my safe(but lower %) money every month and not chase the moon shit. As nice as it would be to be a multi-millionaire overnight it’s just so unlikely.
I manage a couple of family portfolios. My Mom's portfolio I invest but don't "trade". I almost never sell out of a position, every item is long term buy and hold. When I compare her results to my own, she only lags me by a few percentage points in returns. The trading I do in my accounts do make me more money, but it isnt as large as one would think considering the extra time involved in trading. Its almost like min/maxxing your gear for raiding. Yeah I got an extra 0.273% DPS, but it took me 17,904 hours of farming to get that extra bit. With my new business coming online soon, I am probably going to autopilot the majority of my own portfolio for a while due to time constraints.

tldr: it is really really hard to consistently beat the market over a long time frame.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I manage a couple of family portfolios. My Mom's portfolio I invest but don't "trade". I almost never sell out of a position, every item is long term buy and hold. When I compare her results to my own, she only lags me by a few percentage points in returns. The trading I do in my accounts do make me more money, but it isnt as large as one would think considering the extra time involved in trading. Its almost like min/maxxing your gear for raiding. Yeah I got an extra 0.273% DPS, but it took me 17,904 hours of farming to get that extra bit. With my new business coming online soon, I am probably going to autopilot the majority of my own portfolio for a while due to time constraints.

tldr: it is really really hard to consistently beat the market over a long time frame.

How much do your capital gains taxes and her deferments of those taxes come into play on those returns?

Is the amount invested the same? If the total amounts were similar wouldn’t her returns eventually eclipse yours if they’re currently neck-and-neck?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How much do your capital gains taxes and her deferments of those taxes come into play on those returns?

Is the amount invested the same? If the total amounts were similar wouldn’t her returns eventually eclipse yours if they’re currently neck-and-neck?
Majority of my investing is in tax-deferred accounts so I dont have to deal with the gains. The amounts are different but I am going off percentages of the returns.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I never touched anything but AMC, got into that from 3 to 14 and sold at 16

• 2Tendies
Reactions: 1 users