Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
The idea being conveyed isnt that greed isnt good, its that being a hog is bad.
It's too pedantic of a saying to convey in a single image. You have to distinguish between a pig and hog, why one is good but the other is bad when they're essentially the same thing, and why you're using this saying instead of an easier to understand saying to convey the same message: you got too greedy and now you're paying for it.

Money on fire with the caption 'Too Greedy' is far clearer and easier to understand. You got too greedy, and now your money is on fire.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Sold a covered call on my horrid trit I am bag holding stock jumped 16%....

• 1Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
It's too pedantic of a saying to convey in a single image. You have to distinguish between a pig and hog, why one is good but the other is bad when they're essentially the same thing, and why you're using this saying instead of an easier to understand saying to convey the same message: you got too greedy and now you're paying for it.

Money on fire with the caption 'Too Greedy' is far clearer and easier to understand. You got too greedy, and now your money is on fire.
index.jpg
300px-Mr-creosote.jpg

• 2Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That was one I got out of with a profit through sheer pure luck. It literally crashed and never recovered the next day. VLDR got me later though, karma is a bitch.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some are making the case that IVZ can be one of the last few covid recovery plays and also benefit from the current meme squeeze. Thoughts on them Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes ?

Bought a hundred shares for shits and giggles, it does have a huge gap behind it to fill should it catch some volume if you look at the chart.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Just realized I had BTNB 2 in my portfolio. Isn't that the one merging w some Singapore real estate company?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some are making the case that IVZ can be one of the last few covid recovery plays and also benefit from the current meme squeeze. Thoughts on them Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes ?

Bought a hundred shares for shits and giggles, it does have a huge gap behind it to fill should it catch some volume if you look at the chart.

Haven't looked them to be honest. My current strategy is to fill in holes in my portfolio with sectors I haven't found a fit for yet for filling out sectors. I went with ABT because I was light in Healthcare after selling JNJ and UNH.

Right now I think too many /wsb people are using the squeeze term too much. Squeezes are "that" common and quite hard to force if it's institutional investors who are short. It's easy to squeeze retails.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
CC's are a bad idea when these meme stock squeezes are in full swing
That's how I'm making all of my money the last couple of weeks. just do 10-15 over for those sweet premiums. If I get called out at a higher strike then that's a win and i get to keep the premium. IF it doesn't hit the strike on Friday I do another CC on Monday and do it all over again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
That's how I'm making all of my money the last couple of weeks. just do 10-15 over for those sweet premiums. If I get called out at a higher strike then that's a win and i get to keep the premium. IF it doesn't hit the strike on Friday I do another CC on Monday and do it all over again.
This is the way

Most of these memes will not be dreams, but the premium sure breaks the tedium?

• 1Blown
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its almost as if printing Trillions of dollars out of thin air is inflationary. And the FED lying to us and telling us "nope, no inflation here". #FuckTheFED

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bought some SESN, bio with an upcoming FDA approval in August. Mostly flat today, sold my XL calls, still holding BBIG AHT and IVR

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is AMC now a yester-meme? I was optimistic it would go to 100 (for no good reason) but at this point because I bought in so late I'm almost back to my cost. It's down to $44.50 and has just been seeing a slow burn since 60'ish.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you bought AMC and held thinking it was going to a hundred you are a far braver soul than I.

But ride to Velioushalla brother.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity