Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
2 rate hikes by the end of 2023 sounds perfectly reasonable, tbh. But I guess we're in a world where the FED has trained people to expect them to be perfectly unreasonable.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
2 rate hikes by the end of 2023 sounds perfectly reasonable, tbh. But I guess we're in a world where the FED has trained people to expect them to be perfectly unreasonable.

They'll never meaningfully hike rates lol. Will always be next year

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm seeing some weakening data points under the hood but nothing overly alarming yet. This afternoon and how we finish the week is likely to tell us a lot. There could be some violent rotations but overall signs point to up. QQQ could just push us higher hitting the 350+ Range, which should have SPY 430+ . Probability appears to be increasing that we see SPX 4500 by summers end.
So what do you think the events of the afternoon told us about the next few months? My (un)expert reading of it is that the overall market (DJIA, NASDAQ, S&P) only dropped less than .75% on news of possible interest rate hikes in the next 2 years -basically a non-announcement of a non-event- and that your assessment of a general yet moderate (~5%) rise is correct.

Fingers crossed anyway...

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So what do you think the events of the afternoon told us about the next few months? My (un)expert reading of it is that the overall market (DJIA, NASDAQ, S&P) only dropped less than .75% on news of possible interest rate hikes in the next 2 years -basically a non-announcement of a non-event- and that your assessment of a general yet moderate (~5%) rise is correct.

Fingers crossed anyway...
no real change. It went as expected, so I see continuing higher and a lot of sideways grind.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Only thing looking green is the Euro to the dollar, imagine that.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Lol what a fucking joke this has become. FDA approval that goes against advisory council, and now Biogen themselves suspends the drug

There are two drugs, people are getting confused. (haha get it) Aduhelm is the drug that market got excited about, this halt is of Gosuranenab, which did not have FDA approval. THe headline was written to get clicks so that people will think what you just did.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For anyone looking for something to buy in an over-priced market, BABA is down at the intermediate support level. Yesterday low was $208.23, close was $209.32 and final support is at $206.02

Any down movement should bounce around 1% down from the close yesterday. Do your own DD. It is BABA and it is China. Jack Ma swears he isnt in a Gulag or re-education camp.

1623934572139.png

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DIS

CHESSY, France, June 17 (Reuters) - The Disneyland Paris theme park opened to visitors on Thursday after being shuttered for nearly eight months during the pandemic, but safety measures were in force to stop the virus spreading.