Investing General Discussion

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I bought in today with two months worth of earnings. I usually invest every month, but I had let it build up.

Could be a mistake... could be smart! We’ll find out in 20 years when I need the money...

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I bought in today with two months worth of earnings. I usually invest every month, but I had let it build up.

Could be a mistake... could be smart! We’ll find out in 20 years when I need the money...
We're at where I originally said I'd buy back in at -20%, but I was expecting it in mid-late april. I think its reasonable time for a long term investor to buy back in or put money in the market, but I expect more loses so I'm still out.

Pops

Crash != volatility. Almost every day for the last 3 weeks the markets have moved more up or down than most years highest percentage movement.

I guess you weren't then. The market yoyo'ed with massive swings. 100 point swings lol.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel that if the president is willing to prop up cruise lines, he would be willing to bail out Boeing if needed.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
There gonna be a lot of industries that need propping up. It's easy to make general promises to the first ones getting effected, but it won't be realistic to save everyone with this event.

Boeing is not going to go away. The US needs that company. The US doesn't need cruise ships.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Why the fuck is VTSAX up?

Oh this was as of yesterday? What the shit did I miss that we have no price for today? Or are they too fucking slow to update today?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Vanguard is showing yesterday's pricing for a lot of their funds today.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
30-day travel ban with the EU. You only thought airline stocks had it bad. This is a fucking dagger to the gut for them.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Trump gave a pretty decent speech. The big problem is that the content isn't going to be what people want to hear. Hard to figure out how the markets will react. It's pretty obvious now that this is going to be a bleak year no matter what we do. We'll survive, but its gonna definitely cause some pain and changes.

I think congress really has some wiggle room to act drastically though. This disease will add decades to social security.