Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The DJIA will fall below 19k sometime between now and August and recover past 23k by the end of 2021.

If I'm wrong I'll make my avatar blue-haired for a month.

(I typed Avaya twice while trying to type avatar.)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I should like, invest in stuff I actually know about.

Could have made a killing on Ringcentral if I had invested in them when we first partnered with them.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I should like, invest in stuff I actually know about.

Could have made a killing on Ringcentral if I had invested in them when we first partnered with them.
When I was a CIO I had to choose between ring central and 8x8. Ultimately went with 8x8. Their customer service blows but the product is pretty darn good.

Pops

What about buying dividend stocks? Like 3M?
You should start buying now. Buy 1 one of every thing you like. In the zero commish day and age, don't bother with etf's fuckem and their fees.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You should start buying now. Buy 1 one of every thing you like. In the zero commish day and age, don't bother with etf's fuckem and their fees.
1? I've got 300k in cash sitting on the sidelines, I want to get rich, bitch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So we are basically back where we were about this time when we hit the limit down.

Screenshot_20200309-215555_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1? I've got 300k in cash sitting on the sidelines, I want to get rich, bitch.
Buy 10x leveraged oil ETFs. Either you become a billionaire or you eat Ramen in a cardboard box the rest of your life.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pops

After the 1987 crash, things yoyo'ed a bit. Don't buy the first rally, wait for the margin call selling. Could be opportune time for buys in energy with real cash flow. Value may make a comeback. Finally.

But with super ZIRP who the hell knows. Why bother with a 30 year treasury at less than one? The guy who rolled into that shit gratz, now get the hell out.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After the 1987 crash, things yoyo'ed a bit. Don't buy the first rally, wait for the margin call selling. Could be opportune time for buys in energy with real cash flow. Value may make a comeback. Finally.

But with super ZIRP who the hell knows. Why bother with a 30 year treasury at less than one? The guy who rolled into that shit gratz, now get the hell out.
I am pretty sure most of the treasury buying isn't mom and pop. Lost of Sovereigns buying treasuries.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
It's 1.83% and going down. Which is why I need to, I dunno, buy something.

Note: This is a legit FDIC bank.