Investing General Discussion

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Cool larp and all, but where's the evidence any of that happened?

Where are the massive amount of companies missing earnings? Wouldn't we have had a massive market loss prior to this, and not a giant runup in August?
His evidence is in same place as his prediction of dow never going above 17k in our lifetimes.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Where are the massive amount of companies missing earnings? Wouldn't we have had a massive market loss prior to this, and not a giant runup in August?

He has consistently been completely wrong and batshit about the market in this thread. Ignore it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All three indexes made some small positive move into the close. That is a good sign. AAPL is so fucking large now that its influence on the major indexes is insane. It got way overbought because of a value non-event (the split) that this should have been expected. Most of the big players are moving up slightly in the after-market which is also a good sign. Cruiselines, airlines and the like were green all day. Another good sign.

and almost all of my SPACs were green :D

I went from down 4% to down 3% by the close.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>

What you need to ask yourself is why are banks sitting on massive piles of cash if the economy is strong outside of speculatory financialization. Why have almost all banks been massively tightening lending standards if they intend to loan that cash pile. Also, main street, small and medium businesses are bankrupting on a massive scale. This is a consolidation for megacorps. That is why the FAAMGT are up 35% while the rest of the S&P is down 5%. This is intentional.

• 1Like

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
His evidence is in same place as his prediction of dow never going above 17k in our lifetimes.
I actually predicted never above 27k again. But nobody could predict how overboard the Fed went with direct liquidity to Wall Street. So, I was wrong to assume more constraint, I didn't know this was the final destruction and great reset moment.

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Moron

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Here’s the quote. Laughably wrong on multiple fronts.

Amod Amod ban this faggot.

I've mentioned before that I see a 5-8k bottom possibility, though I'll likely buy in by 12k. The disease definitely the largest cause for movements, though they are going to be made worse by the underlying condition of credit problems. This is worse in cities and with old people, and that is where more of the money is.

I would like to also nominate Furry Furry for a ban for this gem.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually predicted never above 27k again. But nobody could predict how overboard the Fed went with direct liquidity to Wall Street. So, I was wrong to assume more constraint, I didn't know this was the final destruction and great reset moment.

So you could predict one thing but couldn't predict the other thing? Sound logic there

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
What you need to ask yourself is why are banks sitting on massive piles of cash if the economy is strong outside of speculatory financialization. Why have almost all banks been massively tightening lending standards if they intend to loan that cash pile. Also, main street, small and medium businesses are bankrupting on a massive scale. This is a consolidation for megacorps. That is why the FAAMGT are up 35% while the rest of the S&P is down 5%. This is intentional.
Amod Amod can we get this guy out of this thread? He's clearly unhinged and has nothing of value to contribute

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Sold my SPY 11/20 320 PUT today for a little 10% profit, may have another go at alower strike here if things go up again.

Had to make up for those KODK puts....

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If any of y'all keep up with financial posts on social media and TV, there are people like Titan_Atlas Titan_Atlas everywhere. Remember for every buyer there is a seller. And both sides think they are right. Dennis Gartman is infamous for being wrong so much he is a meme. There was an entire contra-Gartman investing strategy. If he is long you be short and vice versa. Im sure Titan has made bank shorting the market the last 5 months. Since of course it isnt going up from its March lows.

dennis-gartman-1068x1067.jpg

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I know I see help wanted signs everywhere, and Recruiters have been creeping on our coding bootcamp class even though we're only a third of the way done.

• 1Like