Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Cargo containers fall off of ships all the time to the tune of thousands per year, and they can and do hit other ships and sink/damage them more than you'd think with how big the ocean is. I can only imagine if they start falling from the sky.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Free cargo container in my yard sure, on my house not so much :)

helo.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
What is the use case for that? I don't see there being a lot of overlap between products that need the speed of air freight and the volume/standardization of shipping containers. Flying is incredibly expensive and inefficient compared to boats, so long as you're willing to wait.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What is the use case for that? I don't see there being a lot of overlap between products that need the speed of air freight and the volume/standardization of shipping containers. Flying is incredibly expensive and inefficient compared to boats, so long as you're willing to wait.
I guess it could just speed up air freight? Don’t have to load the plane slowly anymore if it can just back over preloaded containers. I can’t imagine the cost of developing and manufacturing those would net enough ROI fast enough to make it worth it but 🤷‍♂️

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings

It is a block plane. Blockplane is the future.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I guess it could just speed up air freight? Don’t have to load the plane slowly anymore if it can just back over preloaded containers. I can’t imagine the cost of developing and manufacturing those would net enough ROI fast enough to make it worth it but 🤷‍♂️

I guess, but air freight as it exists now is designed to leverage the capital already deployed in civilian transportation. The market and savings would have to be massive to justify the production, maintenance, and housing of a totally separate fleet of planes.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I guess today answered the question if the cruise line prices were baked into earnings already. I sold a bunch of puts on nclh, ccl, etc deep out of the money.

I got a bunch of buy orders waiting for them to drop some more. I sold them off a bit ago for a nice profit. Still diamond hands with the airlines, must wait for stimulus+airline bailout 2.0 for one last spike.

• 1Like

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
A lot of uncertainty this week. I'm hoping I'll be able to scoop up some deals if the funds are looking to reduce risk.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I closed out my HYLN put. Took a tiny loss but all of a sudden a 30% drop no longer seemed out of the question in the next 45 days.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
I got a bunch of buy orders waiting for them to drop some more. I sold them off a bit ago for a nice profit. Still diamond hands with the airlines, must wait for stimulus+airline bailout 2.0 for one last spike.
Stimulus deal seems unlikely. You'll need neutronium hands to hold them until next year is my guess.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
They'll do stimulus after the election probably. I don't expect much more than political posturing from congress for the next week and a half.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Stimulus deal seems unlikely. You'll need neutronium hands to hold them until next year is my guess.
1603732223851.png

AMD reports Wednesday. With Intel shitting the bed and Nvidia shitting the bed for completely different reasons it means AMD has to do fantastic right???

• 1Thoughts & Prayers