Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it also depends on how serious people take this stuff on.

For example, how many people are just trying to jump on the gravy train for the lulz, and how many people get stuck holding the bag end up saying fuck this and never trading again.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well WSB has people getting stuck holding the bag all the time and lulzing about it. No reason to think this would have any more effect than people losing on WSB constantly did in the first place.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yep, that's why they revel in the fact that they're all "retards."

They're broke idiots. What the fuck do they care? Oh, they lose and they're still broke? Or they hold and make a fortune.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was old WSB; when your reddit goes from 1.2M to 9M or whatever overnight, and everyone is jumping on the train, not everyone is going to revel in being a retarded autist diamond hand tendie eater or whatever the fuck they call themselves.

In the end, who cares, but I do think RH lost a lot of their "charm" for lack of a better word.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I think it also depends on how serious people take this stuff on.

For example, how many people are just trying to jump on the gravy train for the lulz, and how many people get stuck holding the bag end up saying fuck this and never trading again.

On Monday I invested $200, bc that's what I felt like was worth paying to see a shitshow of epic proportions and bankrupting hedge funds.

After RH shut that shit down, I now have $1100 invested bc fuck them. I'm willing lose $1100 if it means Hedge Funds lose billions and I have a chance at making money.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I know shit about stocks, but I figured out enough to buy a bunch of AMC back in November at around $3 because I so love the movie theater business. I've ignored it and all the WSB craziness until yesterday when I saw AMC popping up all over my newsfeeds. When will I be able to buy a yacht to throw parties and not invite all my friends who said I was a fucking idiot for buying AMC?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I know shit about stocks, but I figured out enough to buy a bunch of AMC back in November at around $3 because I so love the movie theater business. I've ignored it and all the WSB craziness until yesterday when I saw AMC popping up all over my newsfeeds. When will I be able to buy a yacht to throw parties and not invite all my friends who said I was a fucking idiot for buying AMC?

day before yesterday when it was at 20

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Next week.

EDIT HOLD THE LINE! DON'T SELL FOR UNDER 100 A SHARE.

caps aside I'm not joking.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1611943143304.png

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
it doesn't matter that it's not a big deal in "reality", if people, for whatever reason, think it's a big deal, then that's the actual reality
50 Million Autists can't be wrong.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
50 Million Autists can't be wrong.

I'm more meaning the throngs of plebs that are going to want to occupy wallstreet again because a couple hedge funds fucked up. And this lawyer guy is obfuscating anyways, the big deal is retailers getting locked out of the game when they were winning. If this wasn't a clown world every brokerage's HQ that locked out it's customers would be on fire right now.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I think I had the wrong category selected, so i deleted my post. I still don't get why they can limit my limit orders by any amount. If I want to set deep bottom feeding hooks for cruise lines, let me.

Not my expertise but the exchanges I believe set the parameters for accepting an order not your broker. Broker is just passing down the rule.

• 1Like