Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You two are living life all wrong. BP gets $9k for a one day meme trade and you’re quibbling over which cheap shitty monitor to buy.

Today is the day you should buy the widescreen monitor of your fucking dreams and you don’t even look at the price tag.
lol. Tendie man also still needs to provide a video card. Still running a 980ti.
Mark Cuban built a shitty dotcom that he flipped to some idiots 20 years ago and has been coasting on that for 20 years. He's been wrong on just about everything and knows fuck all. He probably realized this early on and thats why he bought a basketball team to guarantee income
Hes also just a retarded asshole in general.
They're actually very good monitors that aren't a lot of money. They blow anything you could buy 2 years ago for 600+ away.

There's still a lot of problems with using ultrawides that are solved by just having 2 or 3 regular widescreen monitors.
I ended up going with the LG.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks like the clown car has a few laughs left in it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
We have been discussing adding an investing section like we have for the guns, which could give us an easy way to do stuff like this. Just not sure how much the current interest is going to last.

Its a very worthy cause. A lot of us were guided by this very thread this past 12 months as we moved from the old index funds passivity to more active. And its paid off judging by the thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
We have been discussing adding an investing section like we have for the guns, which could give us an easy way to do stuff like this. Just not sure how much the current interest is going to last.
I think that would be fantastic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Its a very worthy cause. A lot of us were guided by this very thread this past 12 months as we moved from the old index funds passivity to more active. And its paid off judging by the thread.

This thread has made me enough money in past 6 months that I permanently quit consulting as a side biz.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Would be absolutely fantastic.

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Just downloaded Fidelity Active Pro like you said Sanrith, way better. Still yet I hope they get their mobile in gear.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes if you have a free moment from smashing your keyboard for four letter combinations that might be SPACs check out JEPI, very different kind of ETF that you might be interested in.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
For those of you with 401ks in Fidelity who moved them to BrokerageLink...

BrokerageLink says all my money is ready to trade, but when I try to transact anything it says “the account specified in this order is restricted.”

When you look at the account overview it says “pending activity, +$xxx,xxx amount I transferred.

You think this is a case of it’s still caught up in transfers despite the fact it says money is available to trade, or do they have restrictions on what you can buy in BrokerageLink as per plan rules? Gonna be lame if it’s the latter.

Might have to call them, was just curious if anyone experienced this. I know everything is backed up to hell.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

BrokerageLink says all my money is ready to trade, but when I try to transact anything it says “the account specified in this order is restricted.”

When you look at the account overview it says “pending activity, +$xxx,xxx amount I transferred.

You think this is a case of it’s still caught up in transfers despite the fact it says money is available to trade, or do they have restrictions on what you can buy in BrokerageLink as per plan rules? Gonna be lame if it’s the latter.

Might have to call them, was just curious if anyone experienced this. I know everything is backed up to hell.
This happened to me. You have to call them to get it unlocked.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

NM, already answered.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fucking meme stock won't even get back to my 50% number. Keeps going right under. At this point I may just say fuck it and hold (and yes, the difference between losing $501 of $1000 vs $499 is completely insignificant, but I want it!).

On the plus side, the broader market is crushing it this week. My end of January number kind of sucked because of the shit last week, but the last day and a half more than makes up for it. We may hit our retirement number before the summer.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Asshole market could wait till tomorrow to fly up. My 1k contribution doesn’t drop till close.