Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why I wont touch real estate with a 10 foot pole. LA Times finally asking the important question.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I like using a core ETF (like ITOT total market) and then smaller positions in other ETFs to let me go overweight in either a sector like tech or growth. So, example the SPYG is the SP500 growth companies. Breaking down the individual basket of holdings you can fine tune exactly how much of your portfolio dollars are in individual stocks. So in excel, I set up a simple formula that does something like this.
(My individual AAPL $ value + (the AAPL weight of ITOT (so 5.49% of my ITOT $ amount) + the AAPL weight of QQQ (12.26% of my QQQ $ amount)) / My total portfolio $$
This tells you exactly how much of your total portfolio is tied up in AAPL. And do it for all the big 10 stocks (AAPL, MSFT, AMZN GOOG etc). Even if you dont own the stock indivually, you can see how much of your portfolio is tied up in them using the formula above. Something like the XLK give a massive weight at the top to MSFT and AAPL (like 20% and 22%) and FTEC (AAPL 22%, and MSFT 15%). So even though you have ETFs and think you have mad diversity, this lets you see how much of your total money is in a small number of stocks.
The problem here is, looking at how all my holdings have done, I wish I was just 100% in Apple this whole time.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So Twitter is abuzz with rumors that PSTH is trying to snake the LUCID deal from CCIV. lol.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The problem here is, looking at how all my holdings have done, I wish I was just 100% in Apple this whole time.
Thats great until AAPL falters. I am old enough to remember MSFT loaning AAPL money to keep them in business so MSFT wouldn't be a monopoly. I am old enough to remember Kodak too. Diversity is really what matters over the long game.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
So Twitter is abuzz with rumors that PSTH is trying to snake the LUCID deal from CCIV. lol.

People buying CCIV that far off NAV are cray cray. Any rumor at all might tank it. My coworker yesterday told me he was buying it at peak and I asked him if he knew how SPACs worked and he said not really.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was a bad photoshop going around showing either cciv or psth added to a lucid company page
The day you go 100% all in on apple is when they announce their dev team is going full diversity aka no white/asians

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
People buying CCIV that far off NAV are cray cray. Any rumor at all might tank it. My coworker yesterday told me he was buying it at peak and I asked him if he knew how SPACs worked and he said not really.
Agreed, most I'm going to do with cciv right now is play around with options. I made less than if I had bought it at 20 but protected myself all the way do to 16

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TheBeagle TheBeagle Here is something I do to track and give me visibility into my individual stock exposure by sector. I just put in formulas to the part of my spreadsheet with my individual holdings and it calculates all of this.

1612362174420.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
looks like these are the popular spacs this morning

$FTOC - Payoneer
$DGNR - CCC information services
$VCVC - REE

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why I wont touch real estate with a 10 foot pole. LA Times finally asking the important question.

God damn. Now that is some serious bag holding shit. If you're a racist... I mean someone who owns property and leases it out.
  1. Rent moratorium ends March 31 but Eviction Moratorium ends June 30. So those people won't be trying to pay shit. I heard you like giving free shit away for years?
  2. State forcing landlords to take $2k stimulus checks and just call it quits if tenant is broke enough or something.
  3. State will pay, maybe 80% of unpaid rents and you need to eat the remaining 20%
  4. Illegal to even take into account evictions OR rental debt from the "Pandemic Period"
  5. Literal armies of pro bono housing lawyers defending people who don't pay shit ever.
Talk about a sit sandwich.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
7% gain today in premarket, better get on this rocket to Betelgeuse

1612362298593.png

• 1Worf

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
God damn. Now that is some serious bag holding shit. If you're a racist... I mean someone who owns property and leases it out.
  1. Rent moratorium ends March 31 but Eviction Moratorium ends June 30. So those people won't be trying to pay shit. I heard you like giving free shit away for years?
  2. State forcing landlords to take $2k stimulus checks and just call it quits if tenant is broke enough or something.
  3. State will pay, maybe 80% of unpaid rents and you need to eat the remaining 20%
  4. Illegal to even take into account evictions OR rental debt from the "Pandemic Period"
  5. Literal armies of pro bono housing lawyers defending people who don't pay shit ever.

I sure feel stupid for paying $30,000 in rent in 2020.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had plans six onths ago to buy up some condos to rent out. 86'd that shit and im not looking back.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In your case it would have literally been illegal for it to be a downside. They can't take it into account at all! So by the time you buy your new house in Kentucky or whatever and fuck off forever. CA landlord gets to just eat it.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
In your case it would have literally been illegal for it to be a downside. They can't take it into account at all! So by the time you buy your new house in whatever and fuck off forever. CA landlord gets to just eat it.

Shame on me for being a responsible, law abiding, industrious heterosexual white male with a family.

Literally could have saved $30K. I dont even like my landlord, so it's not like I would even feel bad for him. I call him a useless piece of shit to his face at least every other month.

Last edited:
  • 1Like