Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
That was pretty retarded. You should have just not paid all year and then moved out of California when the moratorium ends. Win/win play right there.

Yes, thats exactly what I posted right before you did. Thank you for reminding me of this.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Look at these rentcucks who actually paid rent in California in 2020.

Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Damnit. I talked to Fidelity yesterday about BrokerageLink being locked and they said I just have to wait a cycle or two to be able to buy. Of course the SPACs I was attempting to buy in my 401k yesterday morning are now up bigly. BTNB up to $13 and I was going to buy $20k @ 12.25

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
So Twitter is abuzz with rumors that PSTH is trying to snake the LUCID deal from CCIV. lol.
I sold just enough CCIV at yesterday's peak to recoup my initial investment. The rest is all gravy. Maybe I should use those funds to get into PSTH because I really want to get into Lucid at the ground floor.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why I wont touch real estate with a 10 foot pole. LA Times finally asking the important question.

Yeah, I strongly considered it as the returns on it seemed to be really strong over the last decade. I was always a bit hesitant though as I heard horror stories about bad tenants (and the answer was always to vet them strongly!).

I don't have to fuck around with that with equities. My laziness in not wanting to manage that really saved me a ton. Real estate is a train wreck waiting to happen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Lot of money to be made in train wrecks.

Just get there after the wreck, don't want to be in it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Smalltime landlords are going to get eaten up by big REITS groups who can absorb the costs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lot of money to be made in train wrecks.

Just get there after the wreck, don't want to be in it.
Oh, for sure. I've posted about it before, but I'm hoping the timing on my CA to FL move works out. Hopefully selling our house in CA in the next 2 months before things fall to shit, and buying in FL in 6-12 months after shit has crashed.

It may be that FL stays pretty even though as they haven't cratered their economy like most states.

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Smalltime landlords are going to get eaten up by big REITS groups who can absorb the costs.

Handling the costs isn't bad if you aren't leveraged to fuck and back.

My father in law ate shit due to being over leveraged back in 2012? so that lesson is clear in my mind.

Buying a few houses after a market crash is still a plan I have.

Might regret it when BTC hits infinity but whatever

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I sold just enough CCIV at yesterday's peak to recoup my initial investment. The rest is all gravy. Maybe I should use those funds to get into PSTH because I really want to get into Lucid at the ground floor.
I wouldnt buy PSTH at this price. Think of it like a normal SPAC x2 so this is equal to a SPAC at $14.50 a share without a target. It seems to have good support at $25. Maybe wait for the next dip down to that level.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
God damn. Now that is some serious bag holding shit. If you're a racist... I mean someone who owns property and leases it out.
  1. Rent moratorium ends March 31 but Eviction Moratorium ends June 30. So those people won't be trying to pay shit. I heard you like giving free shit away for years?
  2. State forcing landlords to take $2k stimulus checks and just call it quits if tenant is broke enough or something.
  3. State will pay, maybe 80% of unpaid rents and you need to eat the remaining 20%
  4. Illegal to even take into account evictions OR rental debt from the "Pandemic Period"
  5. Literal armies of pro bono housing lawyers defending people who don't pay shit ever.
Talk about a sit sandwich.

I've got some MS-13 eviction muscle to sell you.

• 1Like