Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dunno, this one is not acting out in the usually spac pattern for multiple reasons, its very emotional at this point. It's gone as high as 35 before coming back down to 30, and people are talking about buying 50$ calls in march

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
So I got into BTNB a couple days ago because of the word here. It is my first SPAC and I've been reading up on them a bit.
I'm up a couple % right now. What's the ceiling on these SPACs? Do you look for big gains or settle for 5-10% if that?
Edit: Actually just looked and I'm up closer to 10% on it
I'm at about 190% on CCIV which I bought three weeks ago at 10.55. Results may vary but 30%+ for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I got into BTNB a couple days ago because of the word here. It is my first SPAC and I've been reading up on them a bit.
I'm up a couple % right now. What's the ceiling on these SPACs? Do you look for big gains or settle for 5-10% if that?
Edit: Actually just looked and I'm up closer to 10% on it

You hold it until the first rumor of which company they're in talks to merge with comes out. When that happens it can shoot as high as 30$+ within a day or two

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I don't give investment advice, But TIXT might be something to do some research on.

These guys started as our local phone company and are now deep into IT medical billings and moving to diversify into agriculture.
They just spun off their IT division in an IPO today.

Telus International describes itself as a customer experience company, and has 600 clients, including Google, Uber, TikTok, PayPal and Zara.

The newly spunoff Telus International counts consulting firms, IT companies and traditional contact centres as competitors, but also works on high-tech projects such as moderating social media and building bots.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't give investment advice, But TIXT might be something to do some research on.

These guys started as our local phone company and are now deep into IT medical billings and moving to diversify into agriculture.
They just spun off their IT division in an IPO today.

Telus International describes itself as a customer experience company, and has 600 clients, including Google, Uber, TikTok, PayPal and Zara.

The newly spunoff Telus International counts consulting firms, IT companies and traditional contact centres as competitors, but also works on high-tech projects such as moderating social media and building bots.
Look at this insider trading @SEC

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Agreements between Canada and the US require Canadians holding US stock investments to pay the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) a 15% withholding tax on any dividends earned on their US stocks. Interest earned from bonds or other interest-yielding US investments are similarly taxed at a rate of 10%.
All income from investments, including foreign investments, must be declared as part of your income on your Canadian tax return. Unless your US earnings are exempt from withholding tax, this means you’ll be double taxed on those earnings — first by the IRS, then by the CRA.
lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like I've cost myself $100 by selling yesterday. Feel like this stupid meme stock is going to haunt me forever.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This guy is giving investment advice, let’s all buy this stock and sue him if it doesn’t pan out, it’s like a built in hedge.

We need to trick him to make a post with the word fiduciary in it first. In cciv news, speculation is that the price is so high is because its got the interest of whales/institutions

• 1Worf

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok, so I've been studying the shit out of SPACs and following the advice on this board. I bought BTNB already but looking to invest in more SPACs. I'm trying to figure out how to research which are the best SPACs to buy. I've come up with several potentials- mostly based on the advice I've gotten here.

I'd like you guys who know SPACs to critique my choices, if you would be so kind. I haven't bought any of these yet, but they seem like decent options:

Omega Alpha SPAC- Opened 1/7/21. Biotech field. Jefferies LLC and Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC are acting as joint book-running managers for the offering. Raised $120m in IPO.

Primavera Capital Acquisition Corporation Stock (Waiting for it to be listed on the NYSE) - China SPAC. $414m IPO. Billionaire Dan Och invested in Primavera on 2/1. He owns 5.6% of Primavera. Not listed yet on the NYSE (2/1/21).

Ajax I (NYSE: AJAX)- has an all-star management team led by former CEOs and founders of well-known companies. The team includes 23andMe founder Anne Wojcicki, Instagram founder Kevin Systrom, Square Inc (NYSE: SQ) founder Jim McKelvey and Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (NYSE: CMG) founder Steve Ellis. The SPAC is also led by Daniel Och and Glenn Fuhrman, who both worked at Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) and have experience with private investments in Coinbase, Github, Instacart, Robinhood, Stripe and Wish. The SPAC is targeting sectors that include internet, software, fintech and consumer.

Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp VI (Waiting for a dip- too high currently) (NYSE: IPOF) is the sixth SPAC in a series from Chamath Palihapitiya. Each of the three newest SPACs from Palihapitiya has the same management team with one added member for each team. The extra member for IPOF is Richard Costolo, the former CEO of Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR). This SPAC raised over $1 billion and could land the potentially largest deal for Palihapitiya. The SPAC could also see strong interest if any of the other Palihapitiya SPACs close or announce deals.

Zynga Inc (NASDAQ: ZNGA) founder Mark Pincus and LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman, Reinvent Technology Partners (NYSE: RTP) is targeting the technology sector. The duo met in 2002 and have been partnered together on several deals, including leading the seed round in Friendster and being early investors in Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB).-- Looks like it may have some Asia exposure.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok, so I've been studying the shit out of SPACs and following the advice on this board. I bought BTNB already but looking to invest in more SPACs. I'm trying to figure out how to research which are the best SPACs to buy. I've come up with several potentials- mostly based on the advice I've gotten here.

I'd like you guys who know SPACs to critique my choices, if you would be so kind. I haven't bought any of these yet, but they seem like decent options:

Omega Alpha SPAC- Opened 1/7/21. Biotech field. Jefferies LLC and Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC are acting as joint book-running managers for the offering. Raised $120m in IPO.

Primavera Capital Acquisition Corporation Stock (Waiting for it to be listed on the NYSE) - China SPAC. $414m IPO. Billionaire Dan Och invested in Primavera on 2/1. He owns 5.6% of Primavera. Not listed yet on the NYSE (2/1/21).

Ajax I (NYSE: AJAX)- has an all-star management team led by former CEOs and founders of well-known companies. The team includes 23andMe founder Anne Wojcicki, Instagram founder Kevin Systrom, Square Inc (NYSE: SQ) founder Jim McKelvey and Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (NYSE: CMG) founder Steve Ellis. The SPAC is also led by Daniel Och and Glenn Fuhrman, who both worked at Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) and have experience with private investments in Coinbase, Github, Instacart, Robinhood, Stripe and Wish. The SPAC is targeting sectors that include internet, software, fintech and consumer.

Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp VI (Waiting for a dip- too high currently) (NYSE: IPOF) is the sixth SPAC in a series from Chamath Palihapitiya. Each of the three newest SPACs from Palihapitiya has the same management team with one added member for each team. The extra member for IPOF is Richard Costolo, the former CEO of Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR). This SPAC raised over $1 billion and could land the potentially largest deal for Palihapitiya. The SPAC could also see strong interest if any of the other Palihapitiya SPACs close or announce deals.

Zynga Inc (NASDAQ: ZNGA) founder Mark Pincus and LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman, Reinvent Technology Partners (NYSE: RTP) is targeting the technology sector. The duo met in 2002 and have been partnered together on several deals, including leading the seed round in Friendster and being early investors in Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB).-- Looks like it may have some Asia exposure.

I like the looks of AJAX and IPOF, would need more info on the teams and targets of the others to comment further. I already have RTP

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm up for the first time in my stock investing history. (NOK, BB, XPOA, BTNB, and KB)

GME got me back into the game and Robinhood halting fucked me, but just need $60 of growth left and I'll be back to even.

Thanks fellow investors!

30 rock hello GIF

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

I can tell you the issue with some of these is, they’re so new your money is just gonna sit there for a long while.

My strategy is to find near NAV SPACs (ie around $10-12) which are getting a lot of hype. Now maybe these are, I haven’t read about them, but in my experience this is the way to keep safely flipping your money. Having it sit there for a year at $10-$10.50 isn’t fun.

• 3Like