Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can tell you the issue with some of these is, they’re so new your money is just gonna sit there for a long while.

My strategy is to find near NAV SPACs (ie around $10-12) which are getting a lot of hype. Now maybe these are, I haven’t read about them, but in my experience this is the way to keep safely flipping your money. Having it sit there for a year at $10-$10.50 isn’t fun.

That's a good point. I meant to ask about life cycle. How do you know when a SPAC is near NAV?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
That's a good point. I meant to ask about life cycle. How do you know when a SPAC is near NAV?

For SPACs that is to say $10 a share. The higher you get away from $10 for a buy in, the higher your shares can fall back to $10.

Read a combination of Reddit SPACs along with Twitter to see what is both near to $10 a share and which a lot of people are talking about.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chamath spacs carry a higher premium then the others due to his other successful spacs combined with his fanboy status on twitter
I cut my IPOF loss in the red when it tanked to $13 last week. Fucking paper handed that one. Some fomo this week.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well I was kind of bullish on WPF because I thought Alight might be a company worth holding. Turns out Alight might be a garbage company with terrible security practices.

They've been sued several times for security breaches

SPACs!!!!!

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I meant where in the lifecycle as far as the chronological age of the SPAC. Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn was seeming to indicate that he didn't like buying super new (in terms of age) SPACs because he had to hold onto them for so long.
Yeah. I think he's saying the $10 price point reflects excitement, maturity, etc.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Well I was kind of bullish on WPF because I thought Alight might be a company worth holding. Turns out Alight might be a garbage company with terrible security practices.

They've been sued several times for security breaches

SPACs!!!!!

fuck i keep wondering why my 600 shares of WPF are still 20% underwater

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Looks like a hold til merger goes through, hope for a quick shoot up on the news, then cut bait.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Being in the EU if you want to invest money is apparently akin to being stuck in the cuckshed. I can't even trade RTP with my bank.

• 1Barf

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Up $22 already on my FoH braintrust portfolio. Cashing out now and hitting up McDonald's for 20 mix and match mcdoubles and mcchickens. Thanks bros.

• 5Like
  • 1Supertaster
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
This should help provide a rough guideline on some of the SPAC timeline questions

0sc6vqci7xe61.jpg

0sc6vqci7xe61.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Renting is a fools game unless you do it full time with a portfolio of at least 5 rentals or more (the more the safer). You need to be a dedicated GC/manager/accountant, or have enough income to have one on payroll. All your places should be local to you unless you own large number of properties. Obviously the numbers change if you have any rentals that you've completely paid off.

We had two rentals out of state (homes we just kept after various moves) and it was always stressful. In the end they both ended up being net losses even with making a few hundred a month on each. Every time I'm reminded that we finally sold them off I get a warm feeling inside. Never again.

There are many ways to get out in front of it but you really have to know the area that you want to own rentals in.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This should help provide a rough guideline on some of the SPAC timeline questions

View attachment 332851

That's awesome. Thank you.

Definitely helps to see the "Get In", "Get Out", and "Get Back In" strategies on paper. This is a whole lot clearer to me now.

Anyone got anything like this for other types of stock or options?

Last edited:
  • 1Like