Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think the time between price boom will vary. Be sure to set your 60 day limit orders when you need to!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This should help provide a rough guideline on some of the SPAC timeline questions

View attachment 332851

Yeah, that's super helpful, thanks man.

So if I'm reading that right, you want to get in near IPO when the price is still around $10. Then you hold for 4 to 6 months while momentum builds (Catalysts 1 and 2). Then when Catalyst 3 hits, you wait until it peaks and starts to drop, and sell as close to peak as you can.

That seem right?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

So if I'm reading that right, you want to get in near IPO when the price is still around $10. Then you hold for 4 to 6 months while momentum builds (Catalysts 1 and 2). Then when Catalyst 3 hits, you wait until it peaks and starts to drop, and sell as close to peak as you can.

That seem right?

Pretty much. Some people don't like to get in too soon, so they'll wait a few months and buy in at 11-12. Then some sell for a quick 10-20% while others hold from more. This is where you start to develop what works for you.

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

That seem right?
I feel like this kind of applies loosely to every investing mechanism.

1. Listen to FOH hive-mind to know the good apples
2. Know what catalysts you're looking for (when to get in, get out, and if to get back in)
2. Watch for those catalysts/triggers and make moves accordingly

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Just wanted to say I'm thankful for the folks around here that share info: Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn , Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes , Fogel Fogel , Blazin Blazin , and any of you others I'm less familiar with.

I cut my teeth on BTC a few years ago and all the bad plays really taught me a lot. Knowing what to look for up front was always the biggest challenge to me and you guys have made that a lot easier just by following the discussion here.

I'm also hoping to improve my move-making by understanding more of the mechanisms I can use to "get out" without having to watch and "get back in".

So, thanks!

• 10Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am a firm believer than you learn 10x more from failure than from success.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I am a firm believer than you CAN learn 10x more from failure than from success.
FTFY. I agree, but the people who get divorced more than once come to mind, haha.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just wanted to say I'm thankful for the folks around here that share info: Jackie Treehorn Jackie Treehorn , Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes , Fogel Fogel , Blazin Blazin , and any of you others I'm less familiar with.

I cut my teeth on BTC a few years ago and all the bad plays really taught me a lot. Knowing what to look for up front was always the biggest challenge to me and you guys have made that a lot easier just by following the discussion here.

I'm also hoping to improve my move-making by understanding more of the mechanisms I can use to "get out" without having to watch and "get back in".

So, thanks!

Yeah I'll definitely echo that. Cruising the shitshows that are the other boards/discords over the past week has made me really appreciate this one.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Looks like a hold til merger goes through, hope for a quick shoot up on the news, then cut bait.

1612382820010.png

:emoji_unamused:

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Im already near the bottom at $11/share might as well hodl diamond hands rocket to the moon hold the line boys delta gamma inversion bear trap harambe chart

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
lol. the special autism plate is a nice touch

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I know I got fun of for saying I really liked what gm was doing and buying a few dozen shares back in September, but sometimes boomer stocks do a spac impression, up almost 100% since then.