Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
SEC crackdown coming for RETAIL traders?

Watching a video it comes across way different than the headline. They were mostly talking about the backroom dealing and order flow shenanigans that shake faith that retail investors have, and if there was a better way to regulate those shenanigans, which is actually probably a win for the retail investor against wallstreet.

Honestly, as stupid as the headline was, I agree it's something that needs to be investigated.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ABBV - Unlike the BIIB Alzheimer's drug, I think this Leukemia drug actually might work.

AbbVie Sees Continued Positive Results for Leukemia Treatment
DOW JONES & COMPANY, INC. 7:05 AM ET 6/11/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
ABBV 116.24down 0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:10:00 PM ET 06/10/2021
AbbVie (ABBV) said it saw continued positive results from a four-year follow-up analysis of its Phase 3 CLL14 trial.

The pharmaceutical company said the trial showed that previously untreated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia with coexisting conditions who were treated with Venclyxto/Venclexta venetoclax plus obinutuzumab continued to show longer progression-free survival and higher rates of undetectable minimal residual disease compared to patients receiving a standard of care chemoimmunotherapy regimen of obinutuzumab and chlorambucil.

"The CLL14 trial results observed after four years of follow-up with treatment of venetoclax plus obinutuzumab show that these patients can experience long-lasting responses without disease progression, years after stopping treatment," said Mohamed Zaki, vice president and head of global oncology development at AbbVie(ABBV).

After a median follow-up of more than four years, patients treated with the Venclyxto/Venclexta and obinutuzumab combination continued to demonstrate longer progression free survival compared to patients on treatment with obinutuzumab and chlorambucil, and the risk of disease progression or death was reduced by 67%.

No new safety signals were observed in the four-year follow-up analysis. The most frequently occurring serious adverse reactions in patients receiving venetoclax in combination with obinutuzumab were pneumonia, sepsis, febrile neutropenia, and TLS.

Venclyxto/Venclexta is being developed by AbbVie(ABBV) and Roche. It is jointly commercialized by AbbVie(ABBV) and Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, in the U.S. and by AbbVie(ABBV) outside of the U.S.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MSFT trying t dominate stream gaming.

Microsoft Has the Right Pieces for Game Streaming -- Heard on the Street
DOW JONES & COMPANY, INC. 7:00 AM ET 6/11/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
MSFT 257.24up 0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:00:00 PM ET 06/10/2021
Just as only Nixon could go to China, it might be that only an established videogame company can upend the industry enough to finally make cloud gaming a reality.

The potential for Microsoft(MSFT) to perform such a role has been apparent for a while now, and the latest ambitions telegraphed by the company make clear its intent to be a player. Microsoft(MSFT) announced Thursday that it is working on new devices to enable game streaming, and with TV manufacturers on sets that would enable games without any other hardware save for a controller. It also plans to launch web-browser-based cloud gaming in the next few weeks, along with a feature coming to its Xbox console later this year that will enable gamers to stream trial versions of games before they buy. Microsoft(MSFT) Chief Executive Satya Nadella joined Xbox head Phil Spencer on Thursday to proclaim cloud gaming as " truly a breakthrough experience."

Cloud gaming, in which players stream videogames from servers rather than downloading them to their consoles or PCs, has seen some notable attempts previously. But none has been able to overcome both the technological and business- model challenges. The most-high-profile attempt was Google with its Stadia service, which launched in late 2019. A little over a year later the Alphabet company scaled back its ambitions considerably by calling off its effort to build major exclusive games for the service.

With their networks powering fast-growing cloud-computing services, Google, Amazon and Microsoft(MSFT) have seemed to be the best-suited to solving the technical hurdles for game streaming, which requires games to be rendered by distant servers while maintaining a split-second response time to players' controls. Cloud-game services also require the availability of popular games -- ideally available to play on an unlimited basis for a monthly subscription fee. That requires buy-in from publishers that still largely depend on selling games as paid downloads or plastic discs at retail.

As such, only Microsoft(MSFT) seems to have all the necessary pieces to the puzzle. Its Azure cloud service provides a strong technical backbone plus the business motivation, given how essential Microsoft's(MSFT) cloud focus has been to the company's revived fortunes and a nearly $2 trillion market value. The company also brings a large installed base of console users and subscribers to its Xbox Live and Game Pass services, along with ownership of several big gaming properties that it beefed up further with the acquisition of game publisher Bethesda Softworks. "Xbox and Azure are natural bedfellows," Colin Sebastian of Baird noted to clients Thursday.

Such a position is still no guarantee of success. Videogames have historically lagged behind other media categories in shifting to digital distribution formats. But the industry is picking up its pace. Electronic Arts told investors during its earnings call last month that 62% of its full game units were sold as digital downloads in the fiscal year ended in March -- up 13 percentage points from the previous year.

Subscription-based streaming models are the next step in that evolution. And they seem inevitable for videogames, as media consumers are quickly growing accustomed to such services in other areas. About 83% of recorded-music revenue in the U.S. last year came from streaming, compared with less than 7% in 2010, when paid downloads and CD sales still drove the bulk of the industry's revenue, according to data from the Recording Industry Association of America. Streaming has also proven to be a growth driver for the music business as total industry revenue has surged 74% during that time. If Microsoft(MSFT) can help lead such a shift in games, its investors will be singing a very happy tune.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DIS +7% since the earnings drop 3 weeks ago. California opening up should see this begin to climb back towards $200

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Feels like we're overdue for someone in the Fed or Biden admin to say or do something stupid and crash the Nasdaq. Closing out 80% of my various QQQ's today that I picked up during the last dip. This is 100% feels based so congrats to hodlers.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's been consolidating around the 176-178 for quite awhile. Tempted to sell some ATM puts
Its got support around $175. The only concern I would have is externalities like Gavin doing something stupid because 5 people "caught Coronachan" or some such shit.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes looks like there's high options activity on KO

odd.

The 57.50 strike only costs 2 cents. but the dividend drops on the 14th which is about 0.75% by itself. Thats a ballsy call.

1623437206015.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stock-splitting NVDA at it again after taking a couple of days off. New 52-high. $717. it was around $540 when it announced. I am seriously thinking of dumping my shares the day before the split at the close. Assuming it does an AAPL and TSLA and pull way the fuck back after the split.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
ABBV - Unlike the BIIB Alzheimer's drug, I think this Leukemia drug actually might work.

AbbVie Sees Continued Positive Results for Leukemia Treatment
DOW JONES & COMPANY, INC. 7:05 AM ET 6/11/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
ABBV 116.24down 0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:10:00 PM ET 06/10/2021
AbbVie (ABBV) said it saw continued positive results from a four-year follow-up analysis of its Phase 3 CLL14 trial.

The pharmaceutical company said the trial showed that previously untreated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia with coexisting conditions who were treated with Venclyxto/Venclexta venetoclax plus obinutuzumab continued to show longer progression-free survival and higher rates of undetectable minimal residual disease compared to patients receiving a standard of care chemoimmunotherapy regimen of obinutuzumab and chlorambucil.

"The CLL14 trial results observed after four years of follow-up with treatment of venetoclax plus obinutuzumab show that these patients can experience long-lasting responses without disease progression, years after stopping treatment," said Mohamed Zaki, vice president and head of global oncology development at AbbVie(ABBV).

After a median follow-up of more than four years, patients treated with the Venclyxto/Venclexta and obinutuzumab combination continued to demonstrate longer progression free survival compared to patients on treatment with obinutuzumab and chlorambucil, and the risk of disease progression or death was reduced by 67%.

No new safety signals were observed in the four-year follow-up analysis. The most frequently occurring serious adverse reactions in patients receiving venetoclax in combination with obinutuzumab were pneumonia, sepsis, febrile neutropenia, and TLS.

Venclyxto/Venclexta is being developed by AbbVie(ABBV) and Roche. It is jointly commercialized by AbbVie(ABBV) and Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, in the U.S. and by AbbVie(ABBV) outside of the U.S.
I have no idea how the stock market / business side of pharmaceuticals works but I doubt you will see a spike in Venetoclax based on this. It is already being used all over the place, I think this report confirms what was already known.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Stock-splitting NVDA at it again after taking a couple of days off. New 52-high. $717. it was around $540 when it announced. I am seriously thinking of dumping my shares the day before the split at the close. Assuming it does an AAPL and TSLA and pull way the fuck back after the split.

I bought back in to this stock at 605 or something and sold at 625, just another one of those "wish I held until closer to split". Oh well.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bought back in to this stock at 605 or something and sold at 625, just another one of those "wish I held until closer to split". Oh well.
It's a core part of my portfolio so if I do sell it will be with the intent to buy back in once it settles down post-split.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Lordstown Motors CEO/CFO are gone..so they put a woman in charge. Lets see how that works out for them.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users