Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MSFT +16% in the last 30 days. +41% in the last year.

Bruce Campbell Kiss GIF

1635880999488.png

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Kind of what I figured...

Feels like we need all the Tesla people to post their safety scores.

Lowest deserves a medal

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why would I hold options expiring Friday that are already up almost 400% since purchased last week? Balls of steel and retarded autistic offspring of course. And because YOLO. Will either be singing the blues or buying a new Tesla next week. 92249339-32D9-4A7D-A40E-5808DE7A97F7.jpeg
**heading into major "final" decision for WHO EUL approval tomorrow.

• 1Mother of God

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, you dont have to hold the entire thing. Sell part of the position.

Scaling out profits is equally important as scaling into positions. Pay yourself along the way.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, sell a quarter of that so you don’t feel gutted if it doesn’t go the way you hope.

• 1Solidarity

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Concern and advisement appreciated however i've mentally committed to hold through this final meeting one way or the other. it'll be ok i have no feelings irl. bears dropped the knife this afternoon from 16+ to an 11.75 bottom and my pulse didnt change. the plan is to sell around half of them after approval and exercise the remainder. its not blind ambition however, i've been closely following this for many months. this weekend at the G20 summit Narendra Modi specifically called out WHO for approval to help facilitate India's pledge of 5 billion doses to fight global vaccine inequity. Canada and Germany both are waiting on WHO EUL to grant respective approvals. 1/3 of the float is also shorted setting it up for MOASS upon green light.

• 2Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Zillow getting raped twice today;

1635887492619.png

If only there was an event in recent memory that could have shown buying houses hand over fist sight unseen was a bad idea....

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
For those with the stomach for higher-risk, higher-reward plays, I'll probably be buying more NVAX if they open down substantially tomorrow.

There's a news article from Politico reporting that Novavax is struggling to hit purity requirements for their COVID vaccine and that it's leading to production delays and may slow their potential FDA authorization.

Despite that, their data that's been released so far looks really good - strong protection, good preclinical results, good safety profile. It's a different type of vaccine (protein subunit) then the ones available now, which makes it an interesting new addition if it gets authorized, especially with the new focus on heterologous boosting. It seems surprisingly potent compared to most other subunit vaccines I've read about... they have a proprietary ingredient called an adjuvant in their vaccine that seems to pair really nicely with these particular protein nanoparticles, but whatever the case I've been very impressed since I saw their first sets of results.

Separate from COVID-19, they've had some high-profile failures (RSV vaccine) but also a recent phase 3 success (flu) that looked impressive. It could very well come crashing back down (it was a few dollars per share pre-COVID, now it's $160), but if they manage to carve out a slice of the COVID and flu vaccine market they could easily see a multiple fold increase in valuation. I've heard they've also been poaching some talent from big pharma which is often a sign that a company is gearing up for growth

Likely to be a bumpy ride with lots of ups and downs, but it's looking like early-mid 2022 (possibly later this year, but unlikely) we could see some regulatory action that will really change things for better or worse. If this bad press drops them substantially below 150 tomorrow I may buy shares or even some calls. I initially bought in at $14 so this is just gravy for me, but it's one of the few vaccine plays that seems more likely than not to actually snag a real piece of this market. Please note: I only trade for fun so this is just a lotto ticket... I am often wrong about these things!

If you bought NVAX two weeks ago when I said this, it hovered around $135 for a few days. It's $195 now. Easy 40% profit over 2 weeks if you were willing to risk it! Or a 300-400% profits if you were bold enough to buy calls (I was not, my conservative nature got me again).

• 2Tendies
Reactions: 1 users

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
its also out of my hands now because options market is closed. Geneva (WHO HQ) is +5 hours EST so by the time market opens my fate could already be decided. You can either ridicule my foolishness or be shocked at what it really means to put the AWE in autism

*edit - the company just updated their 8k filing today to include EUA pathway in US for pediatrics. - it has EUA in india for ages 2-18, it's based on traditional vaccine platform already used safely in children for decades and far more likely to be accepted by parents over mRNA. additionally the options chain was just extended from $15 strike all the way up to $29 for this friday. market makers expecting the move up as well
1635888420132.png