Investing General Discussion

Zzen

Potato del Grande
TQQQ is triple leveraged. Use that one if your risk tolerance is three times as high 😂

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Also, QQQ is a buy and hold vehicle, which I’d guess is what you’re looking for. TQQQ is a day trading vehicle.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
As long as one could afford it, is it wise to max out a Roth IRA early in the year as opposed to contributing throughout?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Question for the experts: what's the difference between QQQ (Nasdaq ETF, AFAIK) and TQQQ?

From what I can see, TQ looks like it's a collection of the major Wall st firm's NASDAQ holdings + some APPL, and that's it's roughly 50% of the price of QQQ and thus moves at double the rate of QQQ. Is that it or am I missing something else? What would be the advantages and disadvantages of 1 vs the other? Thanks!
TQQQ is a triple leveraged version of QQQ. It goes up 3x as fast as QQQ and .... goes down 3x as fast as QQQ

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As long as one could afford it, is it wise to max out a Roth IRA early in the year as opposed to contributing throughout?
It really depends on the market performance. If you put it in on day one you have 365 days of potential growth. If the market tanks for six months amd you put your money in on month 7 you look like a genius.

• 1Like
  • 1Genius!

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Scared Roller Coaster GIF
That picture is me with Blackberry a year ago. In the span of two months I ended up with close to 600% profit with the funds I had allocated to that stock but a year later I'm still spooked of tech stocks. That shit was meme as fuck, I basically did everything opposite of what Reddit was suggesting.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That picture is me with Blackberry a year ago. In the span of two months I ended up with close to 600% profit with the funds I had allocated to that stock but a year later I'm still spooked of tech stocks. That shit was meme as fuck, I basically did everything opposite of what Reddit was suggesting.
Yeah I remember it being one of the first reddit/wsb stocks.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only thing I'd caution about as far as maxing out retirement accounts, is if you plan on retiring early but you lock up all your money in a 401k/IRA, you'll have to face penalties to retire early if you'd need to withdraw from it.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Conventional wisdom is that time in the market beats timing the market.

Since none of us knows what the future of the market looks like, it's better to get the money in as soon as you can and ride the waves up. Because while the market can be volatile, it's within 5% of the all time high something like 80 or 90% of the time.

As far as locking your money up, there are ways around that. I've been debating an early retirement thread but just haven't felt like actually doing so.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What you too busy sitting around doing fucking nothing? Wtf man
I get up whenever, fuck around online, eat breakfast, play some games or watch twitch, workout, lunch, sometimes go for a walk, eat dinner, watch a few hours of TV, and then go to bed. It's a full day, man!

And that's the lazy days. If I do a project or we go do something, I accomplish even less.

I read a lot of people who first retire and they say, "I don't know how I accomplished anything when I was working all day."

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
CRM has broken below its last real support level in the pre-market. If it fails to retake $243 then $230 is possible and then beyond that a retest of $210 is possible. Of note, $210 is 15% below yesterday's close of $248. CRM is heading into territory that is favorable if you are looking for a long term buy/hold. Depending on today's action there is a good chance I will add to my position at some point.

1641388768231.png

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

Could do both

Half now, then spread the rest out over the year.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just hit the newswire:

Facebook’s parent company, Meta Platforms, has stopped developing a new software operating system to power virtual reality devices and future augmented reality glasses, according to two people familiar with the decision.

The shelving of a project that has been underway for several years and involved hundreds of employees retreats the company’s attempt to own the underlying software behind Oculus VR headsets and future expansions or mixed reality devices. Shown. The screens of the planned devices are intended to overlay digital images on the real world and weave real-world objects into VR apps.

This changes the MTTR trade for me. Not looking for that support entry and going to wait and see how this plays out.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Rustled

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Added to CRM at $231
Sold my AMGN at $229 (it has been bouncing off resistance here at the 200 DMA) for a tidy profit.