Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I thought energy and financials would be a decent swing trade three weeks ago. Since then, they are up 13% and 6 in that timeframe. Kind of wondering if I should sell, or hold. I see today everyone is stumbling over themselves to recommend energy as a buy. Thoughts?

View attachment 392498

If you think it still has some room to run, set a trailing stop to protect your gains

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why analysts are generally worthless. Someone has a 12-month price target on AAPL of $90

1641994356257.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Here is a gift. Stocks I would consider as core holdings that should be buy/hold for a long time. Note the numbers are living numbers so they have already shifted by a few pennies since I pulled them a few minutes ago. The red shad means the current price is below that number.

ps.. Looks like Dead cats can indeed bounce.

edi: correcting a typo with a couple of the blocks being shaded incorrectly and added NUE

View attachment 392402

Thank you for things like this. Placed some orders incase they drop. Please do stuff like this periodically...... save us from reddit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thank you for things like this. Placed some orders incase they drop. Please do stuff like this periodically...... save us from reddit.
Keep in mind those are living numbers. They change as the price and days change. What I would much prefer for you and others is to take the few minutes to set stuff like this up for yourselves. Its as simple as look at a chart of a company, add the moving averages, read chart, write down the moving averages. It should be a habit for any day you are considering a buy or sell.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Transitory obviously.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Clown World