Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I read this and am too dumb to understand it. Can I get a tddr (too dumb, did read) on this?
The transaction process was flawed. Due to a timing issue the CEO isnt locked up on his shares until Tues like everyone other insider. People who were planning to dump on Monday are dumping now. Its like 1.5 million shares he can (and probably is) dump on the market.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I fucked up an order and forgot to make it all or nothing. End result I have 1 LCID put I bought for a penny. Total position value = $1
Fucking el-oh-el

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i dont think its that crazy if you assume conflict with china. Apple pretty much stops existing if we go to war with china.
If your pretense for this is "a US war with a global nuclear power", i gotta think I can find 5,000 other companies that should also have their price estimates halved.

• 1Truth!

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MTTR -7% and low of the day. Sadly this thing will be far from over. I am willing to bet the "class action" lawsuits will be filed next for incompetence on behalf of the shareholders. This is about to become a monkey fucking a football.

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pulled the trigger on LCID puts 1/28 42 strike. Now lets see if my lock up theory plays out.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If your pretense for this is "a US war with a global nuclear power", i gotta think I can find 5,000 other companies that should also have their price estimates halved.

I think you'll have a hard time finding one like apple though -- I wouldn't just halve it, i'd cut it by 90%. Kind of a big deal for the biggest company in the entire world to exist at the behest of China.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why analysts are generally worthless. Someone has a 12-month price target on AAPL of $90

View attachment 392565
I don't know that Analysts are useless. I always look at tipranks to check their track record. The guy that has a price target of $90 has a poor record. If you followed his picks last year, you underperformed by about 20%. I always filter out the Analysts with crap records. Some of these guys are really hedge fund shills masquerading as Analysts. Some of them, you'd make bank doing the opposite of their picks.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know that Analysts are useless. I always look at tipranks to check their track record. The guy that has a price target of $90 has a poor record. If you followed his picks last year, you underperformed by about 20%. I always filter out the Analysts with crap records. Some of these guys are really hedge fund shills masquerading as Analysts. Some of them, you'd make bank doing the opposite of their picks.

I remember one Analyst downgraded a stock I was trading, and he had a return of -10% on his picks. Literally, if you shorted his buys you were golden. And I take more to heart an Analyst that is ranked in the top 10% versus the guy that is in the bottom 10.

It used to be that the Analyst was allowed to enter into trades on what he was trading. There was no separation. There still isn't, even though they try to make it look like there is. People will downgrade stocks and give their buddy down the hall a heads up, so they can short.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I remember one Analyst downgraded a stock I was trading, and he had a return of -10% on his picks. Literally, if you shorted his buys you were golden. And I take more to heart an Analyst that is ranked in the top 10% versus the guy that is in the bottom 10.

It used to be that the Analyst was allowed to enter into trades on what he was trading. There was no separation. There still isn't, even though they try to make it look like there is. People will downgrade stocks and give their buddy down the hall a heads up, so they can short.
I know how analysts work. I watched Billions.

Hiring Season 4 GIF by Billions

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Like