Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Now the fear of slamming the brakes will take hold... Always something to worry about
Absolutely, and it's not a positive that the Fed is behind the curve and afraid to act. At some point people stop jerking off to free money and things begin to destabilize.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MTTR lol

1643224561711.png

• 1Rustled

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Reversing the initial move now. MMs trying to shake out some weak hands, or?
I'd ignore it until he is done talking. He might talk tough, the outlook they just released is without bite. The plan may be to jawbone rates in the direction they want them to go. So a negative market reaction is still possible. I am positive about them being slow to act but what they say is another matter. They can only do that for so long though before t hey begin losing credibility. If he talks tough today about fighting inflation then the logical question is "THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL PUMPING!" and he'll give the same answer as last time that they don't want to make any sudden moves and that he believes all actions should be telegraphed well in the future.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
So now the looming thing is AAPL earnings report at the end of the day tomorrow? Double beat means the market tanks, right? :honkler:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So now the looming thing is AAPL earnings report at the end of the day tomorrow? Double beat means the market tanks, right? :honkler:
Hell, I am worried they don't beat on the back of them announcing reduced iPhone 13 demand before the holidays. That on top of chip supply issues they reported too.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Hell, I am worried they don't beat on the back of them announcing reduced iPhone 13 demand before the holidays. That on top of chip supply issues they reported too.
I know, I was joking by pointing out the inverse of what's expected and it's still bad :trollface:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
"We are going to be nimble and guided by the data."

Going to need taller boots to get through this.

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I believe after the Carter mega inflation years the first thing they did was cut out the money supply pumping and then up the interest rates. I guess not having another stimulus counts as cutting the money supply but....

• 1Like