Investing General Discussion

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was able to make a decent penny playing the twitter stock roulette. Based on what I've seen it typically spikes in early in trading and then slowly gives it all back throughout the day. It seems to be hanging around 10% off the 54.20 price most of the time, jumps up and slowly backs down.

I hate fucking hate silver, that is the most shit market I've ever had the displeasure of being part of.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
10:04 (US) FINRA proposes limiting access to leveraged and inverse ETFs

FINRA's Regulatory Notice 22-08 includes a solicitation of comments on investors' ability to trade "complex products"—including leveraged and inverse funds ("L&I Funds").
In its notice, FINRA articulates the "concern" that investors may be confused by "complex products" and solicits comment as to whether limiting access to such products might be appropriate given the growth in self-directed investment platforms.

FINRA is not currently proposing new rules, but suggests "enhancements" to current rules that may require onerous processes for brokerage firms in order to qualify legally entitled investors to use L&I Funds and other "complex products."

At Direxion, and throughout the investment industry, we understand that educated investors are our best customers. Rather than limiting investor choice, we believe that investor education, transparency and risk disclosure should be the primary focus of FINRA and the industry.

FINRA seeks public comment, and Direxion encourages you to do so prior to the deadline on May 9. Please be thoughtful, comprehensive and detailed in your comments. You may want to consider addressing the following:

-- Your opinion on FINRA's proposed limits that may restrict your access to L&I Funds or to disqualify you from trading L&I Funds or other "complex products".
-- If you have a strong understanding of the characteristics and risks of L&I Funds, and that their purpose is for short-term active trading, and that they should be monitored regularly, consider including a statement to that effect.
-- A description of the warnings your brokerage firm already provides in connection with your investments in L&I Funds, and their rationale.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So they have no "concerns" with idiots trading options or using margin, but SQQQ and TQQQ are "complex".

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think its about time to contribute to my IRA for the year, SPY or QQQ?
I think we are in a really good spot here. We are tryting to hold the year's low of ~410 SPY. That is a pretty good entry. Keep in mind, we do have FOMC rate hike Weds. There could be volatility over the next few days.

If I were in your shoes (long time horizon). I would probably fill half today while we try and hold this low. And keep the other half if FOMC fireworks want to send us to 400 or below. Youre still in a really deeply discounted spot here right now. SPY is essentially hitting levels it got to 1 year ago.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Cant have the commoners buying SQQQ when its the only investment making money, cmon now

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So they have no "concerns" with idiots trading options or using margin, but SQQQ and TQQQ are "complex".

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

They don't give a shit about tqqq, it's sqqq that is making them mad, trying to crash the economy and get people back to work but they are just shorting and getting rich instead, fucking retirements and other retirement funds while still not helping employment. Can't run the economy on Walmart door greeters.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
They don't give a shit about tqqq, it's sqqq that is making them mad, trying to crash the economy and get people back to work but they are just shorting and getting rich instead, fucking retirements and other retirement funds while still not helping employment. Can't run the economy on Walmart door greeters.
If the concern was that inverse funds are bad for the economy they'd propose that inverse funds shouldnt be allowed at all.

As I read it, they're not proposing that. They're proposing that commoners shouldnt be allowed to buy them but "experts" and "professionals" still can. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Think its about time to contribute to my IRA for the year, SPY or QQQ?
Choose your basket of top ten. That is 95% of the difference between the two. The percentages are about a month old so they could be off a few tenths.

1651502215770.png

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of idiots, and options...

Sold my first covered call today on a (small) penny position I have been bag holding for some time. made a few bucks from garbage I was holding anyways on the premium and if it makes it to the strike price (1.00) I will still be better off, because I would have paper hand'sed that shit by then anyways. Figured this would be a hands on learning experience.

Wish me luck?

ps. Yes, I am aware I am a complete moron and the very reason these organizations have to write rules to protect people like me from myself.

Oh and bought VOO in my retirement account, oddly enough right about what I paid for some last year :(.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DIS at $111.
Perhaps their terrible fate will act as a warning to other companies about the value of get woke go broke.

• 5Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 5 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Oof, ugly few days here. I've looked between the couch cushions for everything I can scrounge up and am as invested as I'm going to get. Time to turn off the news and check back in six months.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Oof, ugly few days here. I've looked between the couch cushions for everything I can scrounge up and am as invested as I'm going to get. Time to turn off the news and check back in six months.
I'm waiting for more of a floor before I add anything more, gonna save some powder for that eventuality. REALLY kicking myself for not having the stones for an SQQQ play 30 days ago, ah well.

We're heading to 400 SPY at least, IMO. Maybe even 380 like Blazin Blazin has talked about.