Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m on phone with really bad signal at job site. I bought lots and lots of qqq. I’ll post trades if I remember tonight. I got 285.xx fills . Had to use market orders since I was on phone .
Every single stock holding was sold and bought more qqq. I’m full in .

one of my larger buys and made from a ladder in between wiring outlets.
Ride or die mutha fuckers
naked mad men GIF by Vulture.com

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Remember us all laughing at CVNA and their borrow at 10% and loan at 3% "strategy"? There is a sucker born every minute.

1652370110676.png

• 1WTF

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought tqqq yesterday at 29.82.

Saw my p/l go green for half a second and now it just looks like i fomoed in at the top today.

Fml.

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
One cool thing about this market is that I can see rationale finally starting to play out. Obviously it's paired with a weak economy, weak job force, wild inflation, and general negative sentiment, but stonks most certainly do not always go up.

1652372425524.png

Knowing almost nothing about stonks, this chart is how I would've thought about index growth before the gubmint handed everyone $5k and sent them to live in their bedrooms for two years.

And I just couldn't wrap my mind around how that kind of growth. And it's obviously not sustainable. Stocks that benefitted from COVID restrictions are getting slaughtered, bc that growth is over and done with. And I could start to see that happening several months ago, but I didn't really know how to respond to it. The slaughtering happened even sooner with the Pelatons and Zooms of the world, but now the whole market is feeling the pinch.

I also overleveraged in sexy growth stocks that were most certainly over-valued, and wasn't looking at balance sheets to decide, "Is this a healthy company/valuation?". So, yeah, learning a lot and wondering if QQQ will hit my own expected growth assumption or continue off to clown world. If it drops below my line it's def an easy decision to add a lot more, bc now we're in undervalued territory.

But, then, I'm still learning and who knows where it stops?

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One cool thing about this market is that I can see rationale finally starting to play out. Obviously it's paired with a weak economy, weak job force, wild inflation, and general negative sentiment, but stonks most certainly do not always go up.

View attachment 412140

Knowing almost nothing about stonks, this chart is how I would've thought about index growth before the gubmint handed everyone $5k and sent them to live in their bedrooms for two years.

And I just couldn't wrap my mind around how that kind of growth. And it's obviously not sustainable. Stocks that benefitted from COVID restrictions are getting slaughtered, bc that growth is over and done with. And I could start to see that happening several months ago, but I didn't really know how to respond to it. The slaughtering happened even sooner with the Pelatons and Zooms of the world, but now the whole market is feeling the pinch.

I also overleveraged in sexy growth stocks that were most certainly over-valued, and wasn't looking at balance sheets to decide, "Is this a healthy company/valuation?". So, yeah, learning a lot and wondering if QQQ will hit my own expected growth assumption or continue off to clown world. If it drops below my line it's def an easy decision to add a lot more, bc now we're in undervalued territory.

But, then, I'm still learning and who knows where it stops?
A lot of it comes down quite simply to the time value of money. Free borrowing means that there is lots of liquidity for investors to throw at mega growth stocks willing to wait for them to turn profitable. As interest rates rise the value rotation begins as it now costs money to borrow and those investors want to see an ectual return in terms of profits and dividends/buybacks. Many value companies are run like shit but are cash cows because of market domination and time in said market. A "safe" 3-5% annual dividend is appealing to many while they wait for the overall markets to recover so they can rotate back out.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Damn it, i want to dip into bitcoin/etherium at these levels. Please send help.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
No comparison between Luna and ETH/BTC. Actually, no comparison between any other crypto and ETH/BTC.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
SPY at 386.XX, only a few dollars to go to hit Blazin Blazin 's Carnac the Magnificent level prediction of 380. Unless it then goes to 340(!) after that... then he's a double... .. Carnac.. ?

Anyway, here's hoping we're getting close to the floor, bros.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Apple deflating. Only one sky high behemoth to fall , Tesla. I wonder when Tesla hits 450 , the QQQ bottom will materialize.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Apple deflating. Only one sky high behemoth to fall , Tesla. I wonder when Tesla hits 450 , the QQQ bottom will materialize.
If Musk arranges financing that will allow him to remove the margin loan for TWTR the stock will sail back up. My guess is he arranges said financing. There is also the chance the deal falls through in which case TSLA stock also goes back up.

• 1Diamond Hands

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I think short term tesla is likely nearing good buy territory but I don't think I would buy it and hold for 20 years. Eventually Musk will be gone and the cult of personality will end and someone will ask why it is valued like 4 times higher than Toyota

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users