Investing General Discussion

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I've maxxed my ROTH IRA for the year. Now what?

SEP IRA?
Yeah, at max employer contribution rate if you can swing the cash flow. I tend to do SEP first because it can alter the total taxable income that will determine my roth contribution limits. There's a circularity which can be annoying if you're on the thresholds and don't button down your tax filings concurrently with deciding your contributions.

Last edited:

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
So again, newbie question here, what are you guys using to actually buy your stocks? A buddy at work recommended TD Ameritrade today when I was talking about getting interested, but was curious if FOH bros had opinions?

Molten Core Raider
I'm not a "real" trader like most the big guys here, but I'm pretty happy with TdAmeritrade. I use the ThinkorSwim platform. So far the few times I have needed customer service (and the occasional noob stock/options question customer service has been top notch. The platform is pretty configure-able, usually quite stable (there have been a few times where it was slow to respond). Fees for trades are pretty low. Options trades are a little more expensive (.65 a contract I think it is?). Trade hours from 7am est to 8pm est.

I also have a small webull account, but I only use it for penny trading and really short holds. The 4am trade was REALLY nice when pennies were the hot thing a year or so ago. Made a good chunk of change getting in/and out of some things really early.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So again, newbie question here, what are you guys using to actually buy your stocks? A buddy at work recommended TD Ameritrade today when I was talking about getting interested, but was curious if FOH bros had opinions?
Fidelity is great

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
I use Vanguard and I'm happy with it but the interface is a bit dated.
I have heard good things about Schwab.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Short of the couple guys who are all cash, by the power of ETF we all have Twitter.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fidelity.
I experimented with TD Ameritrade and liked what I saw but after TB Bank started seizing trucker accounts (TD is the major shareholder of Schwab who now owns TD Ameritrade) I kicked TD to the curb. Fuck em.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I cut my Twitter gamble as soon as Hindenburg came out with their short report. Hindenburg rarely get it wrong.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I cut my Twitter gamble as soon as Hindenburg came out with their short report. Hindenburg rarely get it wrong.

1652444966310.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

View attachment 412305
Musk isnt dumb. He has seen the writing on the wall that the Dems in charge are going to do everything possible to fuck him on this deal. I think that was the crux of what Hindenberg was looking at. Since he has been writing code since he was a boy, he probably understands he could create a Twitter clone for a tenth of what he offered for Twitter and the recovery in his TSLA stock would already pay for it.

• 1Picard
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Futures running deep in the green pre-market on a Friday. I have seen this movie before and know how it ends.

we are fucked GIF by Noah Cyrus

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Btw, I just looked and as unbelievable as it might sound, the Nasdaq has only had streaks of consecutive green days 5 times in the last 3 months. And its only done it once since April 1st.

Bitcoin Crypto GIF by Jeff Dunham

• 1Diamond Hands

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How funny would it be if Musk put the "deal on hold" to crash the price so his friends/other investors could scoop up big positions on the cheap and give them institutional control.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Someone dumped just short of a million shares of PLTR at the open before it ran up almost 8%. That sale cost them over half a million in alpha.

edit: and my puts are now out of the money.

1652449700188.png

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
How funny would it be if Musk put the "deal on hold" to crash the price so his friends/other investors could scoop up big positions on the cheap and give them institutional control.
The dude very shifty and we know he doesn't take anything SEC related very seriously so who knows. I wonder if the bot/user overstatement correction came before or after the actual deal was done. I know he made his offer and announced his intent before then.

• 1Like