Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Being a Friday? It is possible. A lot is going to depend on how we open and price action.

That said, we have come a long way quickly. (That rubber band to the 20D I am always going on about)

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
A little embarrassing, but I’m buying clients their first cd ladders and treasuries and I really want to sub out the building of this bullshit. There has to be an easier way through wealthscape.

I’m sure companies like Pimco will build it out for you, but then you’re back to not knowing what you have.

Specically I want maturities ranging 3 mo to a year and a decent yield, nothing fancy. Know of any shortcuts?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A little embarrassing, but I’m buying clients their first cd ladders and treasuries and I really want to sub out the building of this bullshit. There has to be an easier way through wealthscape.

I’m sure companies like Pimco will build it out for you, but then you’re back to not knowing what you have.

Specically I want maturities ranging 3 mo to a year and a decent yield, nothing fancy. Know of any shortcuts?
Fidelity ATP has a an automated ladder builder in the fixed income section.

1663939164088.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bond yields coming in a bit here. If this continues, markets can reverse. (Something to keep on radar)

Also, Crude coming to the lowest levels since pre-invasion. (Clearly recession pricing happening, but a huge relief off of some inflationary measures)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FTEC bask of holding weight getting crazy. AAPL is now 24.73% and MSFT now 17.95% due to everything else in tech being in the toilet. $43 of every $100 invested in FTEC is in AAPL/MSFT. Its kind of like owning BRK.

1663939130621.png

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I’ll try to find it. If there’s no liquidity or opportunity cost concerns, then why wouldn’t I build that out to replace a majority of bond positions?

I’m almost 40 but I’m the young punk at this really old fashioned firm, so im sure many people have been doing this for years, but we are not on the cusp of discovery

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Circled back on MP. Wrote the same $25 Strike Oct puts as before but this time for 60 cent premium.

• 1Tendies

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FTEC bask of holding weight getting crazy. AAPL is now 24.73% and MSFT now 17.95% due to everything else in tech being in the toilet. $43 of every $100 invested in FTEC is in AAPL/MSFT. Its kind of like owning BRK.
This wont help:

08:39 $AAPL - Foxconn removes iPhone 14 production lines as sales fall short of expectations -Asian Tech Press (sm)

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Amazon and Tesla both crashing hard. Amz given up all its post earnings bounce now.

usd also absolutely surging. GBP down to 1.10 pretty crazy.

hard market to invest in. It feels like we are getting closer to that panicky capitulation trade becoming a reality.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
closed the last of my inverse ETFs today. It was a fun ride down but I'm not confident it goes any lower, so this is my stop.

what a great week

• 3Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users