Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Jackie T, long time no see. You stop by to show us your inflation proof silver hoard?
Ha. We’ll see if silver is even $50 25 years from now.

Yeah I haven’t really played with the stock market much since last year short of automatic buys for retirement. I haven’t bought or sold any crypto since last May.

I do have a pile of cash I plan to do something with if I think things hit a bottom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Any time you see Bank of America abbreviated BOFA, do you mentally yell DEEZ NUTS?

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Flirting with the June lows.

Holding Mel Gibson GIF

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How ugly is the selling? GOOGL had almost 6 weeks worth of historical support at the $100 barrier and it blew through it.

1663959023052.png

• 1Let's Go Brandon!

Molten Core Raider
Somehow the day does not seem complete without Gravy coming in, ranting about the current administration, telling us to be ready for SPY to go to .04, Mist pumping AVYA, Jysin posting some screenshots of shit I cant begin to understand, and Blazin dropping a wall of text (of more shit I am too stupid to understand), telling us to stop spazzing out and posting a picture of his farmland that just happens to have his wifes boobies in it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Somehow the day does not seem complete without Gravy coming in, ranting about the current administration, telling us to be ready for SPY to go to .04, Mist pumping AVYA, Jysin posting some screenshots of shit I cant begin to understand, and Blazin dropping a wall of text (of more shit I am too stupid to understand), telling us to stop spazzing out and posting a picture of his farmland that just happens to have his wifes boobies in it.
How We Roll Hair GIF by Mailchimp

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
May be my most accurate streak of calling weekly closes ever. Within a dollar again. I let my puts expire worthless I have not sold new puts for next week, because I may be buying QQQ on monday if I like what I see. I'm still tepid, but I think a tradeable bounce next week could be more profitable trade for me than selling another week of premium.

This has been a great month for me trading, big down month and I have made about $8k in premiums all without ever going short. Down markets are always my best read and I'm loving this action. $8k isn't a ton of money obviously but I think it's pretty decent income while controlling risk in a down tape. If I get a tradeable set up next week could double that in a heart beat but if the trade doesn't present then the weekly grind of collecting premiums still keeps things moving in the direction I want.

• 6Tendies
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Because unlike buying a Treasury, it has the potential to go upwards.more than a fraction. Granted, this is INTC we are talking about so most likely not gonna happen.
Also, you can sell covered calls on your INTC and you can't do that on your treasuries.

This actually seems like a pretty strong play.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pound opened with a flash crash against the dollar. Euro down to .96 to the dollar. Its a great time to vacation to Europe or buy European shit if you got dollars.

Wife and I never envisioned buying a house here in the UK, but it seems foolish not to when the currency discount is about 40-60% off historic averages. (I’m American / Brit wife). We’re seriously considering moving some cash over for a future purchase.

Move cash over now, then BOE has to hike rates to save the currency. Housing market here is already extremely sensitive to rate increases, as 1-4yr mortgages are the “norm”. 40% of mortgages up for renewal in the coming year. The affordability will be crushed with rate increases.

So, move cash now, wait for the rate crush pressure on prices and buy something south coast?? Holiday home / future rental income when we move to the US in the next few years?

Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes talk me out of this nonsense

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So, move cash now, wait for the rate crush pressure on prices and buy something south coast?? Holiday home / future rental income when we move to the US in the next few years?

If you go all in on a loan, do it before the pound sterling is pegged to american dollars. That's when a country throws its arms ups and says "We da therd word now".

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wife and I never envisioned buying a house here in the UK, but it seems foolish not to when the currency discount is about 40-60% off historic averages. (I’m American / Brit wife). We’re seriously considering moving some cash over for a future purchase.

Move cash over now, then BOE has to hike rates to save the currency. Housing market here is already extremely sensitive to rate increases, as 1-4yr mortgages are the “norm”. 40% of mortgages up for renewal in the coming year. The affordability will be crushed with rate increases.

I just read Maul talking about this. I had no idea that your mortgage rate is so variable in the UK and you wont get a locked rate for more than 4 years at a time.

That is certainly... interesting.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Sold QQQ puts and bought shares this morning. 15 contracts and 545 shares. So went a little heavier on the options which is a much safer play. Struggled with it this weekend because my gut tells me tradeable bounce, but I've had a good month and the market is pretty treacherous at the moment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users