Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Sold the shares couple things I'm not liking, the dollar and yields being green being the biggest. We can't get a decent rally unless they turn.

• 1Paper Hands
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Walmart In The Metaverse? Coming Soon Thanks To This Gaming Company
Leading retailerWalmart Inc(NYSE:WMT) is making a big bet on the growth of the metaverse with a partnership with leading metaverse and gaming companyRoblox Corporation(NYSE:RBLX).

What Happened: Walmart announced the launch of Walmart Land and Walmart's Universe of Play on Monday.

Roblox users will be able to unlock exclusive content, check out exclusive Walmart virtual areas and see top artists perform with the new partnership.

Walmart will use its Universe of Play as a virtual toy destination, coinciding with the upcoming holiday shopping season.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
US Treasury yields:

1664206063984.png

UK yields:

1664206109923.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is not investing advice but... TSLA getting close to the 100 DMA. It has only breached the 100 DMA once in the last 5 years.

1664208910573.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What better time to cull the weak than when the entire market is in the shitter? Who'll notice.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I’ve swapped a chunk of bond positions to US treasury 3,6, and 9 month ladder. We’ll see how it works out as it’s my first time buying anything market with the plan to hold to duration.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
you're showing the 100 week not 100 day just to be clear
I just looked at it. That was a five year chart with the 50/100/200 day simple moving average. I swapped to the 2 year chart and the values are the same. Same with a 1-year chart.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Almost a half a percent yield curve inversion? What's the largest it's ever been?
Looks like 200 basis points during Carter's stagflation.

• 1Mother of God

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So rare these days to see the S&P 500 more red than the Nasdaq. AAPL squeaked out a green day. That closing waterfall from 3:55 onwards into the close was shit.

• 1Solidarity

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I just looked at it. That was a five year chart with the 50/100/200 day simple moving average. I swapped to the 2 year chart and the values are the same. Same with a 1-year chart.
It's weekly, not sure what you are looking at. It's a weekly chart and those are weekly moving averages. You can see right at the bottom it says "frequency weekly" . I verified those are the weekly moving averages. If you add MA to a chart they automatically adjust to whatever frequency you are looking at. So you set up a 20 MA. If you look at a daily chart it's a daily ma if it's monthly then it would be a monthly MA and so on. All of TSLA's current daily MA's are huddled in the 290 area.

• 1Galaxy Brain

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's weekly, not sure what you are looking at. It's a weekly chart and those are weekly moving averages. You can see right at the bottom it says "frequency weekly" . I verified those are the weekly moving averages. If you add MA to a chart they automatically adjust to whatever frequency you are looking at. So you set up a 20 MA. If you look at a daily chart it's a daily ma if it's monthly then it would be a monthly MA and so on. All of TSLA's current daily MA's are huddled in the 290 area.
Fair enough. So you cant use MAs on long historical charts since it wont allow say a 5-year chart to display in days?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I do all my charting in TOS because it makes doing this easier. I don't know if its possible in Fidelity but if it is it's probably a pain.
Thats probably why I didnt realize this. If you have a YTD chart up (daily) in ATP and change the date to 5-year it automatically changes the timeframe to weekly. If you manually change the timeframe back to daily it automatically adjusts the dates to the max possible showing Daily.