Investing General Discussion

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
With both VW and BMW making significant losses due to EV's not selling, I fully expect Europe (Germany) to change their EV-only by 2030 policy, at which point the EV market will crash.

Bmw has 114 billion debt, VW even more.

While the Tesla truck has 2.5x or more range then Mercedes or Volvo's, it is still shit compared to diesel.

Logistics companies can't use trucks that have to charge for extended amounts of time.

Always said it wasn't going to happen, and it won't.

EV's were sold to early adaptors (climate loons) and to companies that got financial benefits for leasing them. That market is now saturated, the main stream market is not interested, gg wp.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
With both VW and BMW making significant losses due to EV's not selling, I fully expect Europe (Germany) to change their EV-only by 2030 policy, at which point the EV market will crash.

Bmw has 114 billion debt, VW even more.

While the Tesla truck has 2.5x or more range then Mercedes or Volvo's, it is still shit compared to diesel.

Logistics companies can't use trucks that have to charge for extended amounts of time.

Always said it wasn't going to happen, and it won't.

EV's were sold to early adaptors (climate loons) and to companies that got financial benefits for leasing them. That market is now saturated, the main stream market is not interested, gg wp.
Not sure I see it playing out that way vs authoritarians taking that we must be more forceful in making the consumer adapt vs "giving up"

Govts love supporting unprofitable ventures and miss allocations of capital, it's like their hobby.

• 4Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Electricity is already scarce in Europe, they'd have to start building a dozen or more nuclear plants, which is not going to happen.

2030 is only 6 years from now.

Also electricity is fucking expensive here.

The only way it will be EV only in 2030 if they tell 70%+ of our population that they are to poor to own a car. I don't see this as realistic.

Going to be fun watching them backtrack.

We have heard "wir schaffen das" before.

Wir haben es nicht geschaft.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
If there is a change in leadership. People would rather take the ship down than admit they were wrong. I'm hoping for Europe you're right though. We have witnessed a historical miss allocation of capital and there is going to be quite the price to be paid for it even if we do start course correcting.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1697808516097.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
Still haven’t made the jump from Ultra Short duration (JPST) to longer (TLT). Getting pretty tempting tho…

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Kinda hard not to root for a SPY close below the 200d into a weekend. Chop gets boring, lets have something substantive happen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Kinda hard not to root for a SPY close below the 200d into a weekend. Chop gets boring, lets have something substantive happen.
With options expiry today, I am not hopeful for anything good to happen today. A close below the 200 is quite possible and then let the weekend news cycle lead us to Monday.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We aren't oversold on the Daily for SPY either. Came into session midrange of RSI and a ways from lower Bollingers. Wouldn't be surprised to get a big shakeout still.

OpEx today as well, but I think there are a ton of Puts ITM currently. Maybe this pop is to get them to book profits and close the puts before continuing lower.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We aren't oversold on the Daily for SPY either. Came into session midrange of RSI and a ways from lower Bollingers. Wouldn't be surprised to get a big shakeout still.

OpEx today as well, but I think there are a ton of Puts ITM currently. Maybe this pop is to get them to book profits and close the puts before continuing lower.
I'm on the road this afternoon so I put in my buy order for SPLG just a hair below the 200 and clicked on the autopilot.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My hopes for us to pull out of this slide by the end of the year are just about gone.

Looking like recession to start 2024 is likely.

• 1Launch Fail

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My hopes for us to pull out of this slide by the end of the year are just about gone.

Looking like recession to start 2024 is likely.
Not knowing your portfolio spread, with bonds touching 5%+, is there a place for them in your portfolio? Based on your annual needs will the guaranteed fixed income with "mostly zero" risk help mitigate some of the downturn pain in equities?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Throwback time. The position is now currently worth $123.79 out of $13,534.79. $.08 vs $8.64 basis.

The upside is I shouldn't eviscerate myself quite this badly again. The downside is I probably will never have that kind of capital again.

Have a great weekend y'all!
Super Troopers Wow GIF

• 1Mother of God

Molten Core Raider
ask him again what it is worth! Looks to be dumping after hours. .059 was the new low.

Looks like a r/s monday. 50:1 if Stocktwits is accurate.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users