Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My 20-year bonds are now up +9.41% lol.
Not saying to trade on my hunch but I think we are now at "resistance" rates without some material change will struggle to go lower from here until there is more material weakness in the economy.

I bought 1000 shares of IWM this week

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not saying to trade on my hunch but I think we are now at "resistance" rates without some material change will struggle to go lower from here until there is more material weakness in the economy.

I bought 1000 shares of IWM this week
Lack of a comma leads me to ask. Do you mean rates will struggle to go lower from here or the market will struggle to go lower from here? Or both?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Trimmed half my V position. Its one of my oldest holdings. Just taking some chips off the table. Got an order in to trim MA as well.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Curious what y'all think will happen to CLF if they do buy us steel. Popular opinion is the union only wants CLF.

I would assume it'll be a huge rally. Been watching CLF for a while and it's been pretty shit until today.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Stupid question: Is it possible or common to just track what investment groups like Berkshire do and accept that you'll be chasing them and often getting worse prices for trades?
Yes. To a point. They have to declare large positions. Unfortunately they do it quarterly so you are three months behind.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you make between 150k-1 mil a year, which is the vast majority of the people here, you are the main victim of taxation and also the biggest tax funder of the govt. also no one feels sorry for you because you usually still have enough disposable income that you don’t feel ‘poor’. The govt does lip service to the poor masses to keep them placated, with handouts and tax relief, and the ultra wealthy find tax loopholes and use their influence to pay far less. But that middle bracket just gets the shaft. It may seem odd, but it’s quite possible to live comfortably while also getting completely fucked over by the city, state, and federal govt , which is exactly where I’m at

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you make between 150k-1 mil a year, which is the vast majority of the people here, you are the main victim of taxation and also the biggest tax funder of the govt. also no one feels sorry for you because you usually still have enough disposable income that you don’t feel ‘poor’. The govt does lip service to the poor masses to keep them placated, with handouts and tax relief, and the ultra wealthy find tax loopholes and use their influence to pay far less. But that middle bracket just gets the shaft. It may seem odd, but it’s quite possible to live comfortably while also getting completely fucked over by the city, state, and federal govt , which is exactly where I’m at
Bruh what’s your problem it’s time for you to pay your FAIR SHARE MAN, like why wouldn’t you want to just pay your FAIR SHARE, come on, just a few more % of your FAIR SHARE and papa government is gonna solve world hunger, world peace, homelessness and depression!

• 1Rustled
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Update on IWM trade, I have a stop in just below current levels. I've been looking for a close above the 200d first daily then weekly. So far the 200d is acting as pretty strong resistance. The patience I will give this process is shortening. Part of the problem is market is just way over bought so it's just bad timing to try and get on top of this resistance. Best trades are never easy so doing my best to give time for things to happen, but not going to let them turn it red on me either.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Except you don't have to pay Social Security taxes on that money so you're already way better off than the people <150k. Your argument would only make sense if there was no SS cap.

Anyway, not really the thread for this. Blazin Blazin

• 2Moron
  • 1Imbecile

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TLT getting denied by the 100-DMA

Rejected Summer League GIF by OKC Thunder

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
TLT getting denied by the 100-DMA

Rejected Summer League GIF by OKC Thunder
Ya, I'm out at basically break-even. Even if it got to the 96 level I was kind of eyeing, that's only like a 5% move, sooo, eh. If the fed looks at that GDP figure and wants to start raising rates more then I'll feel better about it. Then it might be a buy again down where it was in the 80's.

• 1Paper Hands

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Why are boomer stonks going way out of line of the S&P.
You know it pains me to engage in the why game but to answer your question the DOW strength is a result of economic strength. Big Tech strength is a "let's Hide here" trade. Days where investors have data or are feeling like the economy is on stronger footing you'll see more concentrated dow str

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You know it pains me to engage in the why game but to answer your question the DOW strength is a result of economic strength. Big Tech strength is a "let's Hide here" trade. Days where investors have data or are feeling like the economy is on stronger footing you'll see more concentrated dow str
Okay, so DOW up and Dollar up on the same day seems really bullish by that logic.