Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone rollin the dice on the JBLU-SAVE merger? Spirit around 16 a share, jetblue promises to pay 33.5 a share if it goes through. Trial is over and awaiting judges ruling.
Dice Vegas GIF by The Weeknd

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Will sit and wait.
The point being that over the timeframe of this report, the S&P was top 3 every year. This is the consistency you want to invest in over the long haul. Average the returns of the two and see what comes up better.
It looks like it wasn’t too 3 two of the years unless I’m interpreting something incorrectly

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Around 17 companies got approved to start bitcoin spot ETFs. They are required to hold 100% assets as part of the deal. At a time where there's never been less for sale, heading into a halving. A halving is a supply crunch, where the rewards for miners get cut in half. But miners selling off what they mine are currently the only sellers. 87% of BTS is on storage wallets, not moving and will not be for sale. MARA gets a lot of attention, but they aren't even profitable now and for sure goes tits up when rewards get cut in half in a few months. The price could get high enough to save everyone, but in the event it doesn't only the top few miners make it. Probably a discussion for the other thread though.

Could look at MSTR, which is going to go to the moon, but I can't afford that gamble at the moment.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Followed, but with 20% of what you spent lol.
This will likely be held for a good bit, not a quick flip unless it really took off which I don't expect it to. Could see lower and kind of hope we do and fill some gaps

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This will likely be held for a good bit, not a quick flip unless it really took off which I don't expect it to. Could see lower and kind of hope we do and fill some gaps

Yeah, I'm following bc I remember you saying it was a longer play into the S&P 600.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Around 17 companies got approved to start bitcoin spot ETFs. They are required to hold 100% assets as part of the deal. At a time where there's never been less for sale, heading into a halving. A halving is a supply crunch, where the rewards for miners get cut in half. But miners selling off what they mine are currently the only sellers. 87% of BTS is on storage wallets, not moving and will not be for sale. MARA gets a lot of attention, but they aren't even profitable now and for sure goes tits up when rewards get cut in half in a few months. The price could get high enough to save everyone, but in the event it doesn't only the top few miners make it. Probably a discussion for the other thread though.

Could look at MSTR, which is going to go to the moon, but I can't afford that gamble at the moment.

From the article:

The regulator is next expected to make an announcement about the ETF hopefuls in January 2024. Analysts have even gone so far as to note which days in January they think the industry is most likely to hear from the SEC.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Decision expected next week. Experts predicting 90% chance of approval. At this point the question is really who gets approved and when?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Decision expected next week. Experts predicting 90% chance of approval. At this point the question is really who gets approved and when?
And how much of the decision is already priced in. I'm expecting a ton of it.

• 1Mother of God

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The dollar is stonksing pretty hard today. Puts the 'losses' in the indexes in perspective.