Investing General Discussion

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Played my gap list this morning, bought some AMSC at 7:30 am, sold it 2 minutes before market opened for a 9% gain. Only played ~$3K this time so the gain was only $270. Still, a 9% gain is a 9% gain

1706193538018.png

A well filtered gappers list prints money.

1706193590188.png

• 2Tendies
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA has blown through its long term support level at $198. Either it recovers it or it could be a slow (not so slow) drift down to the $160 level.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like a good time to buy some TSLA. Barely missing in one quarter shouldn't have this big an impact on the price unless there's something else going on.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You’re so annoying and talking about completely unrelated regulations. I’m talking about EUDR.

You’re derailing the whole thread so you can flex on shit that’s not even related to my question. If you can’t answer my original question, kindly stop shitting up the fucking thread. Holy shit.

Dude, you asked a question where two of the three things listed were food, and related to traceability. I told you food companies already do this, and EU has had more stringent requirements and for much longer than any US based entity and would therefore have little to no impact on them. It's not my fault that you can't handle the simple concept that anyone who touches FOOD would therefore be considered a FOOD company that would already comply with FOOD regulations that already require traceability of FOOD. So stop shitting up the thread with not understanding how one set of regulations already in place satisfies a similar set even if its shiny and new in regards to certain commodities if they're food.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like a good time to buy some TSLA. Barely missing in one quarter shouldn't have this big an impact on the price unless there's something else going on.
It's not the quarter's miss, its the rapidly shrinking margins. Higher wages and them lowering pricing on vehicles is going to take a toll.

1706194423353.png

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The issue I see with them is the declining margin on the vehicles. It was TSLAs big strength vs competitors. That being said, it could be a short term impact from them trying force others out of the EV market. I am not a buyer at this price. If it can't recover the long term support level then I will be interested down in the $160's.

edit: what Jysin Jysin said.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You’re so annoying and talking about completely unrelated regulations. I’m talking about EUDR.

You’re derailing the whole thread so you can flex on shit that’s not even related to my question. If you can’t answer my original question, kindly stop shitting up the fucking thread. Holy shit.
Who knew anyone gave a shit about EU commodity rules let alone it would emerge as the most divisive topic of 2024 (so far!)

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Dude, you asked a question where two of the three things listed were food, and related to traceability. I told you food companies already do this, and EU has had more stringent requirements and for much longer than any US based entity and would therefore have little to no impact on them. It's not my fault that you can't handle the simple concept that anyone who touches FOOD would therefore be considered a FOOD company that would already comply with FOOD regulations that already require traceability of FOOD. So stop shitting up the thread with not understanding how one set of regulations already in place satisfies a similar set even if its shiny and new in regards to certain commodities if they're food.

The power of all your assumptions is that you’re still talking about irrelevant info. Idk why it’s so important for you to be right about shit I didn’t ask about, but you do you booboo.

Sadly, all it would’ve taken from you is a single question to understand what I was asking, but you couldn’t even muster that.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The irony here is that his 10,000 words aren’t even about EUDR.

I read the EUDR, they're required to show materials are not sourced from deforested areas. Thanks to the already in place sourcing requirements from food regulations, they already know the country of origin, farm name, etc. So now their regulatory department emails their supplier for a guarantee on company letter head that they in fact do not produce the products on deforested land. I'm sure the hardship of typing up a word document and attaching it to an email will send shock waves through the commodities markets.

• 1EyeRoll

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I read the EUDR, they're required to show materials are not sourced from deforested areas. Thanks to the already in place sourcing requirements from food regulations, they already know the country of origin, farm name, etc. So now their regulatory department emails their supplier for a guarantee on company letter head that they in fact do not produce the products on deforested land. I'm sure the hardship of typing up a word document and attaching it to an email will send shock waves through the commodities markets.
Is it kinda like my government job, where statistically my reported numbers on cargo for flights have been exactly the same no matter what for 10 years straight? I kept the numbers the same through covid when I had 0 flights some days just to see if anyone was awake in HQ.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You’re getting some consistent tendie harvesting bro. Nice

Thanks bro, happy to share my Gappers list every morning so that others can use it. I tend to be low risk and lean towards established companies when theyre gapping up like AMD but sometimes you gotta go with a non name like AMSC, just need to watch it every minute.

The list is filtered to the best extent possible to eliminate various pump and dumps and surface only legit companies. I've been using it since last year and it has rarely failed me. Just make sure that whatever stock you choose to play, that it has a real legitimate catalyst for that price increase. Also, this gappers list meant for day traders so it doesnt care about the fundamentals of the company. Its risky to keep some of them overnight so I always make sure I unload anything I buy in the same day

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Is it kinda like my government job, where statistically my reported numbers on cargo for flights have been exactly the same no matter what for 10 years straight? I kept the numbers the same through covid when I had 0 flights some days just to see if anyone was awake in HQ.

I think your experience is the way it’s been. Nobody followed the rules. EUDR (deforestation) was formerly EUTR (timber) and no one followed it. So now they’re expanding it to more commodities and increasing the fines to 4% of EU revenue.

An example of the regulation is if Wayfair sales wooden furniture, they have to be able to trace that wood back to the polygon/parcel it was harvested on. If they can’t, they get fined.

Unfortunately, the person that has the polygon/parcel (if they even have it) was like five companies ago. And if they do have it, it’s likely on paper.

Oh and they have until the end of the year to get compliant. And the US gov basically did nothing to influence it or slow it down. Kind of wild.

Anyways, companies are super unhappy about it and scrambling to try and get compliant, which is great for me, but bad for any publicly traded company that deals with the commodities listed. Those particularly effected are the ones that actually procure the products.

Last edited:

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
🔸 U.S. FILES NOTICE TO SELL $130 MILLION WORTH OF #BITCOIN SEIZED FROM SILK ROAD: BITCOIN MAGAZINE