Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can someone give me a scenario of when something isn’t “priced in”. It seems like every insight someone has into a stonk, there’s always people saying it’s already priced in.

A nuke going off in Ukraine isn't priced in.

A .1% mom cpi print higher wasn't priced in.

Tech growing at a breakneck speed is priced in, these are what valuations are trading at, the projected worth of a company in the future. If anything goes counter to the consensus trade it will very quickly be priced in, in a matter of seconds.

I'm assuming this is in regards to the cpi print tanking stocks yesterday and now we're going up "the cpi print is already priced in."

The truth is, nobody knows what the fuck the market will do and nothing is priced in because nobody has control of anything that happens, if it was, nobody would make any money.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SMCI going straight into extreme multi timeframe overbought territory. The reversion trade is getting juicier by the day. These are the EV trades that can make a traders month(s), but timing is critical.

1707924957449.png

• 3Mother of God
  • 2To the Moon!
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Can someone give me a scenario of when something isn’t “priced in”. It seems like every insight someone has into a stonk, there’s always people saying it’s already priced in.

Any event that has any level of anticipation is priced in, the more anticipation, the more priced in it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I post my losses too.

1707929082552.png

Was trying to diamond hand MARA past the market open, was up $500 at one point. Market started melting in mid morning and everything went to shit

1707929192557.png

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A nuke going off in Ukraine isn't priced in.

A .1% mom cpi print higher wasn't priced in.

Tech growing at a breakneck speed is priced in, these are what valuations are trading at, the projected worth of a company in the future. If anything goes counter to the consensus trade it will very quickly be priced in, in a matter of seconds.

I'm assuming this is in regards to the cpi print tanking stocks yesterday and now we're going up "the cpi print is already priced in."

The truth is, nobody knows what the fuck the market will do and nothing is priced in because nobody has control of anything that happens, if it was, nobody would make any money.
The underlying message in that WSB post is that "insider trading" is so pervasive that by the time you, a retail investor, hear of a "tip" it is already "priced in." The prevalence of HFTs and the skill of the people that continually develop them also feed into the "insider trading is everywhere" narrative as well.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
1 - Copy.png

Apparently the Russians now have control of the Jewish space laser.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 2 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Everyone starting to realize apples next big thing is a product google decided not to release 10years ago cause it sucked?

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
QQQM up 1.11% today. Yesterday was a total buy and I called it.

Haus

<Silver Donator>

As somewhat mentioned. If you can foresee it, it's been priced in. Unless it's such an outlier that it doesn't have any viable prospect of happening, then it probably hasn't. But those things are so few and far between we literally call them black swan events.... They're things like "Nuclear war" or "Epstein's client list actually seeing the light of day". I would go so far as to say that even something like "America breaks into multiple countries in a civil war" is already being priced into some probability models.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Keep doubting, doubters. Otw to 3 trill

• 1To the Moon!
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Keep doubting, doubters. Otw to 3 trill

Their earnings call is also next week.

I predict NVDA beating earnings and having favorable guidance but the stock cratering anyways because everything is already priced in and its grossly overpriced. :honkler:

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Launch Fail
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Their earnings call is also next week.

I predict NVDA beating earnings and having favorable guidance but the stock cratering anyways because everything is already priced in and its grossly overpriced. :honkler:
You can keep saying x or y is priced in but that doesn’t mean it won’t go up brosar.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You can keep saying x or y is priced in but that doesn’t mean it won’t go up brosar.

Entirely possible. But NVDA revenues are tiny compared to other companies with similar market cap. Something's gotta give at some point.