Investing General Discussion

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Fondest memories as a child going to the movies, absolutely loved going. It’s dead, movie theaters are serving alcohol, giant chairs that recline and heated. I’ve got all that in my house cheaper and all I had to do is wait a few months to see the movie.

I bought a truck with the game stop money, you should have cashed out when you had the chance with AMC have a coworker whose setting on over 3,000 shares who got greedy and could have nearly bought a house had he not diamond handed that shit and now he can barely buy a used car with it. I hope one day it pops off again and you come back and tell me I’m an idiot, with a pic of you in your lambo or whatever vehicle you like D Deebo

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Cashed out of my MMM position today. It was up quite a bit, but recently spun off SOLV into a separate company thus messing with the price. I had wanted to just hold onto this for a while and collect dividends, but I was seeing a lot of signs of volatility and figured this was as good a time as any to get out of it while I'm ahead and reassess.

Looks like JEPI and T are (still) the better surefire plays for dividend enjoyers these days. Ah well, tendies is tendies.
You still have CAH?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
LOL cant believe AMC was $726/share at one point and "diamond handers" rode it down to $3

LMAO

1712230007847.png

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 5 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I’m a small time player but I have been playing(with mostly success) with two new services. LevelFields and OptionsSamurai.

I have two accounts. The IRA(retirement of old 401ks and technically 1 other 401k that I can’t merge yet) and on that I am insanely conservative. Details aside it’s basically SPY and a probably over extended FBTC position.

but I have a regular old fail brokerage account that I also play with. And with that I am not quite put it all red WSB style risky, but I def. Take more risk and I am ok with that.

anyway, reason for posting….I am a nobody dealing in pennys compared to people like Blazin Blazin and I am not looking to turn this into my soap box. But would anyone care if I post or discuss my plays? They are not “all in on penny stocks” crap. But more like potential for jumps on ATR or CEO quit etc. things from those services

for the record: I never deal in more than 10k on these plays
Go for it. My individual stock plays have been 2k at max but I’ve ran them by folks here. Most have been inspired by blazin.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Cashed out of my MMM position today. It was up quite a bit, but recently spun off SOLV into a separate company thus messing with the price. I had wanted to just hold onto this for a while and collect dividends, but I was seeing a lot of signs of volatility and figured this was as good a time as any to get out of it while I'm ahead and reassess.

Looks like JEPI and T are (still) the better surefire plays for dividend enjoyers these days. Ah well, tendies is tendies.
I’ve seen JEPI mentioned multiple times in this thread. In what scenario do you guys use JEPI versus alternative equities/bonds etc? To park money you want to make more on versus say a money market fund like SPAXXX while accepting the a bit more risk? Just looking for an example scenario where you guys would play it.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
LOL cant believe AMC was $726/share at one point and "diamond handers" rode it down to $3

LMAO

View attachment 522877

It just says 700 because its taking into account all the recent share dilutions they've done since they stock originally went up. I want to say it toped out in the 60's for a couple days and spent a month in the 40's

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
It just says 700 because its taking into account all the recent share dilutions they've done since they stock originally went up. I want to say it toped out in the 60's for a couple days and spent a month in the 40's

I know.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAPL is a tale of two troughs. About 9 months ago AAPL sat in this same trough for just about 3 weeks before breaking out to the upside. It has been in the current trough for about 3 weeks so far. The single biggest difference is in the first trough, all its moving averages were on an upward trajectory. This time all its averages are in a downward trajectory with the 20 DMA flattening due to its length of time in the trough. The stock has had a fair amount of bad news lately but I think its going to break out of this current trough soon. I am not 100% sold this breakout will be to the upside. Those averages aren't a positive indicator, but I am buying whenever it swings to the low end of this trough. I think the market as a whole is overbought, but I do see some names that are appealing at their current prices for a very long term time horizon.. AAPL is one of them. The key is long term. In the short term, I can also see it break out to the downside and test 160 or even 150 on a broader market pullback. I will add there as well.

1712236124847.png

This trough becomes more evident on the 2-year chart (the blue and green lines of long term support and resistance).

1712236822388.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I dont see anything on the long term horizon for AAPL that looks good for them.

Theyre still riding on Jobs' corpse and whatever notes he left them 10 years ago.
They had no meaningful products released in years
They missed out on the AI revolution
Their Apple car which could have conceivably been their biggest consumer product (and consumer products is their bread and butter, not tech) was cancelled.
Their most recent product, the VR headset, was a flop.

They'll still be around for decades selling iPhone 37 and Macbooks but this is a rudderless company with no idea of where to go, they exist simply on the backs of the userbase and the ecosystem that Jobs built 10 years ago. A zombie company that kinda reminds me of IBM to be honest

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I dont see anything on the long term horizon for AAPL that looks good for them.

Theyre still riding on Jobs' corpse and whatever notes he left them 10 years ago.
They had no meaningful products released in years
They missed out on the AI revolution
Their Apple car which could have conceivably been their biggest consumer product (and consumer products is their bread and butter, not tech) was cancelled.
Their most recent product, the VR headset, was a flop.

They'll still be around for decades selling iPhone 37 and Macbooks but this is a rudderless company with no idea of where to go, they exist simply on the backs of the userbase and the ecosystem that Jobs built 10 years ago. A zombie company that kinda reminds me of IBM to be honest
lol dude their in house silicone has been a huge deal for them the past 4-5 years. They deserve credit on that.

However so far it’s just making existing products even better. Like you said on the innovation front I haven’t seen much since jobs departure.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
lol dude their in house silicone has been a huge deal for them the past 4-5 years. They deserve credit on that.

However so far it’s just making existing products even better. Like you said on the innovation front I haven’t seen much since jobs departure.
the only silicon they should be marketing is Apple titty implants

• 1Seriously?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fed coming in to shit on the markets:

FED'S KASHKARI: IT'S A QUESTION OF WHY CUT RATES IF THE ECONOMY REMAINS STRONG.

14:05(US) Fed's Goolsbee (non-voter for 2024): Inflation has been moving sideways and if it continues to do so it makes me wonder if we should cut rates at all this year

Big red candles all around now.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Went from almost 1% up on the day to 1% down. Fucking Fed.

I'm still curious about these metrics that show the economy being strong.

• 1Solidarity

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Fed coming in to shit on the markets:

FED'S KASHKARI: IT'S A QUESTION OF WHY CUT RATES IF THE ECONOMY REMAINS STRONG.

14:05(US) Fed's Goolsbee (non-voter for 2024): Inflation has been moving sideways and if it continues to do so it makes me wonder if we should cut rates at all this year

Big red candles all around now.

Fun time to have some dry powder. What are we looking at brother?

Last edited:

Deebo

Molten Core Raider
Why would you ever think this?

A <$1000 home theatre is getting better every year and won't stop. This shitty 85" TV is $900

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/TCL-2023-Model-Accelerator-Streaming-Television/dp/B0C1J3CGLV

That plus a cheap speaker system, a couch from the side of the road and a six pack of miller lite and you have an experience that's generally superior to theatres.

It's to the point where seeing a big cinematic movie like Dune in theatres is done partially out of nostalgia rather than it being a premier experience.
Why did people go before Covid? There was still all that same stuff available then. It's the overall experience. Most theaters are using 300k laser projectors. Or seeing a movie on a 97 ft wide by 76ft tall IMAX screen with a 100k plus audio set up.

The only reason for the decline was covid and then the writers' strike. It will pick back up to pre covid levels again, it's just going to take a while longer.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Why did people go before Covid? There was still all that same stuff available then. It's the overall experience. Most theaters are using 300k laser projectors. Or seeing a movie on a 97 ft wide by 76ft tall IMAX screen with a 100k plus audio set up.

The only reason for the decline was covid and then the writers' strike. It will pick back up to pre covid levels again, it's just going to take a while longer.

People went because that was the custom.

COVID dropped the price of electronics even further and being forced to watch new releases at home made people realize that movie theaters are largely unnecessary.

Movie theaters are done. It took 100 years but they are done.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Wait you’re referring to their stock compensation as part of their TC for employees? If so the crazy stock comps are like this for all these companies

It's how young "unicorn" companies trying to hockey stick can attract talent. Once they reach the "profits actually matter" point you see them pivot to massively limit/reduce stock based compensation. Which means those initial geniuses no longer have golden handcuffs and leave.. which leads to the downtrend in the companies braintrust.. and well... the cycle goes on. I've been at companies in every single stage of this.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users