Investing

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Just open a tdameritrade account and fund it with a few hundred dollars. The trade will cost $10 if you need help placing the trade after opening the account post here or pm me. And no I don't think it's a good idea If you give me symbol I'll make sure it's on a trade able market if you want.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Please note you can't jump in and out of it quickly or you'll be flagged as a day trader which requires $25,000 minimum

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
He says he used Scott Trade or something like that. But I'm not sure what their minimum amount to invest is.

I don't plan on buying then immediately selling either. If this company is successful, it'll be a little while before it happens.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With fidelity you can buy one share at a time although with a 7.95 or whatever transaction rate it would be pretty funny to buy a share for 10 cents and essentially pay over 8 dollars for it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Let's talk 401(k). I've always just maxed out my 401(k) by contributing evenly throughout the year, however this year I am most likely switching jobs and a lot of companies have policies that disallow contributions for a set period of time for new employees. That being said I am planning on maxing out my 401(k) in the first 2-3 months of the year this year. I talked to my HR dept, and they confirmed that there is no hard amount ceiling on the percentages they match. They just match 100% of the first 4% and 50% of the next 4%, regardless of contribution amount so I am good there. Are there any negative implications/consequences to front loading that I am missing?

EDIT: I worded that completely wrong. Even if I front load my contributions they will continue to contribute throughout the year. They won't front load their match, but they will continue to match the max 6% every paycheck.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
The company's that I've worked at have had vesting periods on the matching portion of 401k contributions. With that in mind it would seem to be optimal to make your contributions at the new employer to get their match instead.

Aside from that, the only thing I think you might need to look out for is that enough income tax get withheld between the two jobs so you don't have a shortfall when you do your return next year.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Aside from that, the only thing I think you might need to look out for is that enough income tax get withheld between the two jobs so you don't have a shortfall when you do your return next year.
Yea it would be terrible if you didn't let the IRS hold your money interest free for an entire year

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yea it would be terrible if you didn't let the IRS hold your money interest free for an entire year
Depending on the income you can have a penalty if you don't withhold enough, especially on 1099's and estimated taxes quartlerly. An issue if you have multiple sources of income with a mix of 1099 and W-2 etc...

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Any thoughts on the level of risk involved with trading on the volatility in UWTI (3x leveraged oil)?

I can't see oil moving much further south so it seems any large movement would be very asymmetric, while getting in and out to take smaller profits.
I've made about 3k on this in 10 days, would have been more if I'd had the balls to hold my position over this weekend but I thought it would pull back.

Still don't see a lot of downside risk so I got back in it today.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Over the last two weeks I held it from like 2.75 to 3.00 and 3.25 to 3.90. Currently no exposure, made about 33% on the money I was trading with.

Crazily

N00b
H.R.525 - 113th Congress (2013-2014): Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2013 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Anyone have any insight as to whether or not this will pass and if it does....well you know the rest.

Hemp, Inc. Reports on Senate Bill Filed to Legalize Hemp Cultivation in the United States - Yahoo Finance

Sort of silly they are starting to legalize medical marihuana but keeping hemp banned. That bill is from 2013 but there is action on it now and a vote coming soon. Will the hemp industry take off or will other industries (not sure who their competition is?) lobby to keep it banned?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
how are you pussy shit enough to infract that? she goes around advertising the fact that she's going to off herself; it's a valid question why any one with that mentality would be looking at investing threads. go back to your trailer and fuck your hambeast of a wife.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
well when you decide to do it can we bang before you do? there would be unimaginable amounts of comedic value being able to tell people i banged a girl and the next day she killed herself.