Ip Man 3 - Ft. Mike Tyson

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Donnie Yen broke Tysons finger during the shoot
Tyson-1.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Whenever I see "IP Man" I think of some nerdy network administrator.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Tyson looks like Holyfield in that pic. So we get Street Fighter 5 with a Mike Tyson unlock! Sweet!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I've never even heard of "IP Man". WTF does IP mean in this case?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I've never even heard of "IP Man". WTF does IP mean in this case?
It's (Y)Ip Man, not IP man. It's his name. Bruce Lee's teacher.

The first two movies were both awesome, i'm expecting no less from this one. Actually, i've liked every movie i've watched with Donnie Yen in it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
"Ip Man" is a guys name, think in terms of Chinese. Like "Smith John"

MOST, ppl call him "Yip Man", but "Ip" is more official, he's the grand master of Wing Chun or something, as is at least Bruce Lee's master. (among others)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched the 1st IP Man last night with my wife. It was english dub with no subtitles for the Japanese scenes, so I kept having to pause the movie to ask her for translations.

Anyway, the movie was exactly what you would expect out of a kung-fu style film. Some sword/spear fighting, some kung-fu. A bad guy terrorizing a town so the people stand up for themselves after being sitting targets for a while. I mean, it's a standard kung-fu theme. The movie itself was entertaining. I really disliked the horrible english dub, but whatever. I'll watch the 2nd one this weekend.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I can't stand Ip Man actually, to me it feels like bad HK fighting Cinema, and i grew up watching HK flicks so i know how bad/good they are. I mean yea, the actions good, but everything else is a chore to get through. Hey Xarpolis you watch lots of jap stuff w/ your wife? Try out this dramaCrunchyroll - I'm Mita, Your Housekeeper Full episodes streaming online for freeit's about the only Jap drama (J-Drama) i can recommend now, b/c J-Drama has been really shitty the these last few years.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I'll give it a shot.

She used to watch this 15 minute drama they have every day in the afternoons. They usually have like 30-40 episodes per "story" then do the next one. And somehow, these 15 minute daily dramas really get actors recognized so they can move on to other projects.

I'll suggest Mita to her.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Didn't find Ip Man to be anything special and never understood the love it got. Part 2 was a bizarre Rocky 4 rip off so I really couldn't take it seriously.