Is Brian Williams telling "tall tales" a big deal?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Whoa whoa whoa whoa are we really going to gloss over the daughter's butt getting munched on TV thing? Details plx!

Feien

Ploppers
Whoa whoa whoa whoa are we really going to gloss over the daughter's butt getting munched on TV thing? Details plx!
NSFW. Allison Williams from an episode of Girls.

Allison-Williams-getting-her-butt-eaten-Girls-January-2015-GIF.gif

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I watch NBC nightly news for easily over 20 years now. i went from Brokaw to Williams and not for one day have i distrusted either of them to tell me the truth. reason being, i never viewed either of them as news providers, only as someone that had a pleasant speaking voice presenting what was happening in the world. i could care less if he says he witnessed something when he didnt. i guess i would if i thought it might tarnish a later claim that really did happen. but as news is not structured that way, everything is video footage and field reporters now. the credibility of the news presenter is really not that important. any thoughts?
He is/was the Managing Editor, Not just the guy who reads the teleprompter and sounds classy. The buck stops at him.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Do you honestly believe Fox news is significantly more slanted than MSNBC or any number of other outlets slanted in the other direction?
Yes.

Fox's confirmation bias far surpasses all other Cable News Outlets. They generally don't even try to give all the facts, numbers, or sides (crazy surfer dude vs. Harvard educated debater) on a story and purposefully hide them - it's straight to the "expert" contributors who spew "I feel" and "I believe" + more confirmation bias and every other logical fallacy under the sun then cut to Ostomy/Arthritis/Obamacare alternative/Gold advertisement.

Let's figure out the metrics for being slanted and investigate, I have no doubt Fox News wins.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. Cable News is all around crappy, but Fox News is really the gold standard of shit.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
It's a matter of degree that varies depending on the show; although, CNN has slowly become terrible and barely reminiscent of news. Its bias seems to be the lowest common denominator that has a chance of bringing in viewers, except for Fareed Zakaria <3

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We are to discuss how awful Brian Williams is and nothing else! This is a sacred thread dammit!
that is the definition of staying on topic. please keep the my news channel is better than your news channel shit somewhere else. start your own thread. it has no place here

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Its pretty relevant to the topic at hand so stop your whining. Sorry you watch Fox and its retarded.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Its pretty relevant to the topic at hand so stop your whining. Sorry you watch Fox and its retarded.
read the OP, i dont watch fox news. i watch nbc nightly news when i am home at that ime, which isnt too often, otherwise i watch the 10pm newscast on ch11 or abc at 11. havent watched fox news since the lovely people of ferguson started "protesting" after wilson was not indicted. your views on "truth" a news channel tells is biased by your political viewpoint. gilgamel has it right. all the news networks are shit. your news channel is shit, no matter what channel that is.

none of this has anything to do with bryan williams and his propensity to "exaggerate".

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Politically, he is being Dan Rathered. Basically, if the conservative crowd keeps wailing away on him it diverts attention from the fact that Fox more or less does this day in and day out without anyone blinking an eye.
Fox News can lie all day and get away with it. Why not Brian Williams?
Give some examples of stories FNC is making up out of whole cloth please (notice I'm using FNC instead of fox news to untwist chuck's panties. I'm pretty sure he won't know they are the same).

Anyway, my crackpot theory is that he's being sacrificed to take the heat off of hillary. She's been getting shit on lately for her stolen valor stories (like landing under sniper fire). So, they throw him up on the altar, get everyone worked up, let his head be the one that rolls, and then people will get bored with the entire thing before any votes are cast.