Is Corsair still a good brand?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've had good luck with their mid to high end power supplies and RAM.

Lower end PSU's I had one be DOA and another that died within a year or two for someone else.

My old 650D case, the fan controller died, both 200mm fans died and so did a replacement corsair 200mm fan within a year. Other 120mm corsair fans seem to not survive for long in my cases either in PWM (more silent than not mode).

I bought a Corsair headset when R6 Siege came out, the swing mic stopped staying in place, which I RMA'd though I don't use it anymore.

It seems like they've severely watered down their quality in pursuit of profits by branching out into every type of peripheral known to man while doing a shittier and shittier job with every new product type they add. Has anyone else had a similar experience or did I just have shit luck with my case, headset and lower end PSUs?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Depends on the product line. Some of the higher end stuff is nice and there is some real garbage. I'd still just buy a Seasonic PSU but the top end Corsair PSUs are good enough.

200mm fans have always had QA issues from most brands, and can have serious case compatibility issues since there's no standard mount layout. In additon, some 200m fans are 20mm thick, some are 25mm thick and most are 30mm thick. This can cause issues when mounting in some cases. Not that many cases even have 200mm mounts but supposedly they're coming back.

This is the only 200mm fan I've ever used that hasn't gone all wobbly on its bearings after a little while. Phanteks PH-F200SP_BK 200mm Case Fan - Newegg.com

Most gaming headsets are shit across the board, with a few exceptions, and Corsair is not an exception.

My K95 Platinum is god tier and so is my K70 with blues for work. Corsair mice are medium-to-good, certainly better than Razer mice but Logitech is still the mouse masterrace.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hear ya on the headsets (Sea what I did there?), I got some decent headphones and it blew them out of water.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I have owned 2 Corsair PSUs, many sticks of their RAM, and 3-4 of their AIO coolers. Nothing ever failed on me yet.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah Corsair RAM is still top-tier, if a little expensive. Don't buy Dominators unless you just need your RAM to look expensive for some reason.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've only had their PSU's, cases and now a AIO. No complaints so far.